account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

NFC not working on Z3

Regular
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

NFC not working on Z3

Well, basically I'm able to activate my NFC, everything works fine, but I can't pair it with any other NFC device, including my style cover SCR24. Any ideas? 

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: NFC not working on Z3

@nbsdreamer

Do you have stamina mode on? any antivirus or taskillers or battery apps?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@uliwooly

Nope. Don't have stamina mode on neither I have any of those apps. I've just done a clean install of the android system like for the 3rd time and it keeps not working. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@nbsdreamer

Does it work on safe mode?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@uliwooly

Nope. Already tried that as well and still got no response :/. The weird part is that I can enable it and I did the NFC Diag test and the result was ok

Emperor
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@nbsdreamer

This is what I would do 

repair the phone yet again with PCC 

on the initial set up > do NOT add your Gmail account, to avoid auto downloading an app and/or update that could be causing this > after you skip the set up process > restart the phone > test it again 

Regular
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

@uliwooly 

I could do that but I've done it like several times already. I'm gonna try it anyways. But still, do you have any other idea of what could be the problem? If it was an hardware problem would the nfc still turn on? 

Emperor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@nbsdreamer

it could be, just try that again and report back, if it doesn't work, contact your local Xperia care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Regular
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

@uliwooly 

Nope. Still doesn't work. This makes me get so mad... I got the phone and 1 week later i had to send it to repair because the screen started to fail in relation to touch responsivness. Now the NFC doesn't work.. jesus. 

Emperor
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

@nbsdreamer

I'm sorry to hear that but perhaps its related to the screen issue, maybe they didn't checked that issue.