account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Motherboard/battery problem

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Motherboard/battery problem

Hello everyone,

I bought my Xperia Z3+ back in 2015 and I've been very happy with it. Lately though, the phone started turning off or restarting when the battery reaches around 60% or I use a "heavy" app like Google Maps or such. I tried restoring the phone to factory settings, calibrating the battery, and using the companion on PC but it still didn't help. I get a "Battery health is good, there is no need to replace it" prompt when I check the battery health using the *#*#7378423#*#* test menu. I removed the SIM card and SD card but the problem wasn't resolved. The phone does not turn off and works totally fine when plugged into the charger or a power bank.

So, I finally sent my phone to an official Sony repair and they said that the motherboard needs a replacement for a ridiculous fee since the warranty period is over. Now my question is: How would the phone work if the motherboard is faulty? I feel like they're trying to get money out of me. Why would the motherboard fail all of a sudden? Is there a way to check if the motherboard is really the problem? I didn't drop my phone and there is no water contact so it can't be that.

Any suggestions or advice would be great, thank you in advance!

Mo