account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Microphone Problem in calls

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Microphone Problem in calls

So when I'm both making and recieving calls the person on the other end can't hear me. I can hear them fine but they can hear nothing at all from my end. The first few times this happened it could almost be circumvented by pressing the handsfree option then turning that off again. Now whenever I try to make a call or recieve they can't hear me at all. It's on a Sony Z3 running android version 5.1.1 Any help would be fantastic as it's an otherwise fantastic phone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Microphone Problem in calls

Hi @Owellyn

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If the issue is not present in Safe Mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the issue. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. Sometimes this problem is caused by google now "OK Google detection from any screen" so you can try turn it off. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Owellyn

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If the issue is not present in Safe Mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the issue. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. Sometimes this problem is caused by google now "OK Google detection from any screen" so you can try turn it off. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Turned off the Ok Google on anyscreen and it now appears to be working fine.

Thanks a million!

Genius
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Owellyn

Glad to read that your problem was solved, enjoy your Xepria device!