account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Messaging app shows wrong picture

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Messaging app shows wrong picture

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 from Rogers and I am using the Messaging app provided by Sony.

The Messaging app worked properly until I needed to send the phone away for service about two months ago. When the phone came back, I used the Sony desktop app to restore my data. After that, whenever I receive a picture via text message and I press the picture to open it, the wrong picture appears. For example, I received a picture today from a friend. When I click on it, an old picture from my camera roll appears. I have tried clearing the Messaging app's cache, disabling it, restarting the phone, and then re-enabling the Messaging app. Nothing works.

The other texting apps on my phone (Messenger, by Google, for example) work properly. The problem is isolated to the Messaging app from Sony. And my phone works properly otherwise - this is the only issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how this can be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Re: Messaging app shows wrong picture

@mcbain82

Settings > apps > all > album > clear data > restart the phone > check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

11 REPLIES 11
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

The picture that appear when you press on the MMS picture, is this picture still stored in your phone? Is it always the same picture that appears when you open an MMS picture?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi. The picture that appears is stored in my phone and was taken with the Camera app. It was never texted to anyone.

And yes, no matter which picture I open in a text, it always opens the same unrelated picture, regardless of sender or date.

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@mcbain82

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@uliwooly wrote:

@mcbain82

@That worked! Thanks, @uliwooly. :-)

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@mcbain82

Excellent Slightly smiling Face 

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Same problem with LG Android phone.  A picture appears in the message, but when you tap it, a different picture appears. The solution is to do the following.

Select 'Tools', then 'Settings', then 'Apps', then 'Messages', then 'Storage', then 'Clear Data' and 'OK'.

This will clear the problem. Then when you open your messages, you will have to do the quick setup which just involves selecting 'Get Started' and then 'Next'.  Back in business. Good luck.

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Thanks, this worked!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Why does this keep om happening. I cleared the data. Do I have to keep doing this over and over?

Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

i am having the same issue except i have an LG thin Q