account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Lollipop update and Style Cover Window SCR24

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 50
Message 1 of 50

Lollipop update and Style Cover Window SCR24

Hi.

Yesterday, after updating my Z3 onto Android Lollipop, I cannot use my phone's Style Cover Window SCR24's window for answering calls, disabling alarms etc. Touch window just doesn't function anymore. If and when will Sony repair this? Do I have to wait for a firmware update or is there something hidden in the settings/apps I can enable/disable myself?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Riho.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 50
Message 14 of 50

Re: Lollipop update and Style Cover Window SCR24

Yes, I just reslided it with the back of my phone, so reconnected and now it works. I called myself and I could answer the phone with the case closed. Also, now when I close the case, the display is altered to fit in the case window again.

Just let me know if you want me to test other things.

49 REPLIES 49
Talent
Message 2 of 50
Message 2 of 50

Maybe, in the smart connect, the default tab would be changed to off.. maybe you could check the same in smart connect app.
Do not forget to give kudos and to select the correct answer as solution

Always Xperia
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 50
Message 3 of 50

I don't think Smart Connect app has anything to do with controlling touch functions and Style Cover Window case. There's a Style Cover app/widget, but there is no way to alter it's settings.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 50
Message 4 of 50

I can confirm the style cover does not work with Lollipop. I have the same problem. Strange, you would expect Sony would test their own devices?

One time poster
Message 5 of 50
Message 5 of 50

I have no problems with scr24 cover and 5.0.2 Lollipop on xperia z3 this work normaly
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 50
Message 6 of 50

You can answer and end calls etc thru the case's window? Did you just upgrade the Android or did you also do a factory reset? I did a factory data reset after upgrading and maybe that cleared some settings that aren't set as a default in Lollipop.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 50
Message 7 of 50

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the cover after the update.

Could you please check the following for me?

1. Is the smart cover window visible at all when you close the cover?
2. What touch firmware do you have in your phone? 

a. Please go to dialer and dial: *#*#7378423#*#* to open the service menu. 

b. Go to: “Service info”
    c. Go to: “Firmware info”
    d. Take a screenshot of this window or write down all info.
3. Is touch completely dead in the smart cover window or does some touch events still work?
4. Do you have a lockscreen set in phone? If so, what lockscreen?
5. Do you have multiple users setup in phone?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 50
Message 8 of 50

Hi.

1. Smart cover window IS visible when closed. I can see weather info, camera icon etc. Everything is exactly the same as in KitKat, but when someone calls, I cannot answer/reject thru the window. Touch just doesn't function.
  2. Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2015-03-18-13-15-56.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-18-13-15-37.png
  3. Touch is completely dead in smart cover window and absolutely no events work.
  4. I use a Pattern screen lock, but touch also doesn't function with Swipe or no screen lock.
  5. I only have myself and Guest listed under Users & profiles.

With best regards.

Highlighted
Message 9 of 50
Message 9 of 50

Style cover works fine on lollipop, you would mostlikely have to re-connect the cover with it's NFC and see if issue remains Slightly smiling Face since it works fine on my z3 with 5.0.2 without an problems.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 50
Message 10 of 50

As I did a factory data reset, I also had to reconnect the cover. When I discovered that it doesn't work as before, I tried reconnecting again. No luck. Still doesn't function as it should.

Did you just upgrade or also did a factory reset after upgrading?