account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop not showing notifications on lock screen

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 227
Message 1 of 227

Lollipop not showing notifications on lock screen

After upgrading to Lollipop, notifications does not show on the lock screen at all. I use pin-code as security, notifications is set to "Show all notification content". Something I'm missing here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 155 of 227
Message 155 of 227

Re: Lollipop not showing notifications on lock screen

As some of you have already noticed, this has been changed in the latest update, 23.1.A.0.726, but you may need to remove the account and add it again after the update.

Depending on where you bought the phone you may however not have received this update yet as it may need local and operator approvals before it can be released for your device.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

226 REPLIES
Message 2 of 227
Message 2 of 227

So in Settings-sound and notifications-when device is locked,you have set show all notification content? Can you check that if you set a password or pattern it is the same?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 227
Message 3 of 227

Have you set the PIN yourself or is it enforced by for example an ActiveSync account?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 227
Message 4 of 227

Yes, that's the setting, and I have tried with both pin and password.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 227
Message 5 of 227

And Yes, the pin is enforced by Activesync. You think that's the problem?
Emperor
Message 6 of 227
Message 6 of 227

Are you using a third party lock screen? 

Boot on safe mode and try again

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Lollipop new features

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 7 of 227
Message 7 of 227

Hi Uliwooly, I'm not using a thirdparty app, but tried safemode anyway - same problem...
Emperor
Message 8 of 227
Message 8 of 227

What if you remove the pin/password/pattern lock > restart your device and check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 9 of 227
Message 9 of 227

Uli, I think Rickard put things as they are,it might be related to the activesync.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 10 of 227
Message 10 of 227

Oh ok, thanks for the heads-up Slightly smiling Face