account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lollipop lock screen widgets

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Lollipop lock screen widgets

After updating to lollipop on my z3 I no longer have my weather and jetaudio widgets on the lock screen where I could swip left from jetaudio to get the weather then clock, i now only have the clock which I find very annoying, for me i'm able to listen to music while at my desk at work and being able to press the power button and then pause my music on the jetaudio widget is essential. I could use the jetaudio lock screens but then that adds in an extra step along with the swip up to get the pattern screen up which i already hate, widget on the screen with lock pattern below was ideal.

Does anyone know how to get the lock screen widgets back or if they will be back in the next update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Re: Lollipop lock screen widgets

Lollipop doesn't have widgets as far as I know. Or not widgets as we used to have.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

With regards to the app Jetaudio you would need to contact the developer to see if there is a compatibility issue with Lollipop

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I can find no settings to allow you to have any lock screen wifgets, even for sony apps like TrackID etc! seems to be an issue with lollipop or at least sony's verison.

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Lollipop doesn't have widgets as far as I know. Or not widgets as we used to have.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

Talent
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Is this a joke? I've just updated to Lollipop on my Z1 compact and I've noticed there are no lockscreen widgets nor are there any settings for these...Why have Sony removed this? If I'd known I'd never have updated!!

Really, really disappointed.
Visitor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I wish I could roll back to kitkat and have the widgets, it is a joke, not 100% sure if Sony's doing or Google's.
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Google is responsible for removing the widgets.

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

100% Googles move.
Nothing to do with Sony.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Its ok so. There's no other way but rooting the phone and losing garantees to get widgets back?!
Commissioner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

google took off "close all" button, so it wasnt in first lollipop update (sony´s words) but now in latest update you added it back. so same can be done with lock screen widget... and don´t tell me not! Grinning Face

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop