account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lock screen plays a looping video and I cannot setup a screen lock. A padlock covers the number pad

SOLVED
CPK
Learner
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Lock screen plays a looping video and I cannot setup a screen lock. A padlock covers the number pad

As above, when my screen locks a video plays. This is whether charging or not. I cannot get it to stop playing this video. Also, when I try to set up a PIN for my phone. A padlock appears over the number pad. I have also tried then to set up a swipe lock. The number pad again gets blocked by a Padlock.

Any help will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Re: Lock screen plays a looping video and I cannot setup a screen lock. A padlock covers the number

There is a slight chance you got a demo unit. Contact your seller.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Lock screen plays a looping video and I cannot setup a screen lock. A padlock covers the number

Video on the lockscreen? Never saw this before. Can you take a screenshot and put on dropbox and post the link here?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

CPK
Learner
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

It's basically like a computer screen saver. So when I attempt to take any screenshot of it, or touch the phone at all, it disappears. Problem is, the phone screen never actually turns off. I have left it sitting here for ages on the charge. It sits there, looks like its about to go to sleep then up comes the videos of Z3 features etc.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

This looks like a demo unit behaviour, can you go to Settings -> Display -> Daydream and make sure it's off?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

CPK
Learner
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Yeah daydream is off. I thought Demo behaviour too. But I can make calls etc, which surely I could not do on a demo device?

Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

What if you change the theme? 

CPK
Learner
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Yeah that didn't fix it either. I have come across 3 retail apps buried in the device. I have managed to manually stop one and disable two more. This stopped it, however, upon restarting the phone. Its back again Slightly frowning Face I have no option to uninstall the RetailDemo app which is always running. It is completely greyed out.

Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

I think you have demo unit there, not sure about the calling feature if it's really off on demo units. Last think I can advise is trying PC Companion phone repair.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

CPK
Learner
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Thanks for your help. I will try this now Slightly smiling Face

CPK
Learner
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Well, unfortunately, this didn't work either Slightly frowning Face It is 100% an app called Retaildemo. I just cannot delete it.