account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lock screen effect missing after lollipop

Regular
Message 21 of 37
Message 21 of 37

Re: Lock screen effect missing after lollipop

Thats really wierd. We are 2 here at work that cant get the sparkly effekt i will try to take a picture during the day.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 37
Message 22 of 37

Could you please send me a PM with the IMEI of your phone?

How did you update to the new version? PC Companion, Bridge for Mac or directly from the phone? Have you tried to perform a master reset after you updated it?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 23 of 37
Message 23 of 37

Screenshot_2015-04-10-06-16-34.pngScreenshot_2015-04-10-06-17-27.png

Hi, I guess I have understood the issue and can come with a possible solution as well about particles display on lock screen. I have Z2 with official lollipop. As you see in the images - the brown one is the screenshot taken when Xperia theme with default live wallpaper was set. And the blue one is when i changed the home screen wallpaper to anything randomly. So now what is happening here is no matter which theme you choose, till the time you are using the default home screen and lock screen wallpapers for the theme, you will get particle effects for sure. However even if you change home screen wallpaper, the lock screen wallpaper automatically changes to this default blue with no particle and live effects. So, the conclusion is if I need particle effects, I need to keep the default home and lock screen wallpaper for that theme. Strange story, missing Kitkat badly as of now. Not sure when sony will fix these bugs including image enhancement missing from album and clear audio+ working only in native app. I hope someone from Sony is listening to our lollipop woes.

Emperor
Message 24 of 37
Message 24 of 37

@Rickard Yeah 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 25 of 37
Message 25 of 37

All of this solutions told of support, to get trusted face, does not work on my z3 phone with 5.0.

Smart lock is activated und trusted face does work.

On menu sreenlock trusted face does not appeare, only Pin/sign/PW, also when xperia wallpaper ist choosen.

Dear support: it would be nice, to get it back.

Please tell me the solution.

Adviser
Message 26 of 37
Message 26 of 37

finger trail missing from lockscreen after Lollipop

I used to love the glittery finger trail effect in the lockscreen on my z3. now I've updated it - there is no effect. Very disappointed with that feature.
Forum Legend
Message 27 of 37
Message 27 of 37

Re: finger trail missing from lockscreen after Lollipop

Hi,

This animation is still there but in order to make this work, you need to use an Xperia default theme with default lock screen. When you set another picture as your screen lock, these animations don't appear.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 28 of 37
Message 28 of 37

i tried that but i cant see the particle effect

Message 29 of 37
Message 29 of 37

You need to set the theme to Xperia Default theme, and as far as I know you'll not also see the effect unless you are using "Swipe" screen lock, it will not show if you use a pattern, pincode, or password.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 30 of 37
Message 30 of 37

How did you change the wallpaper in to second picture that you post