account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Issues after android 7.0 update (no tap to focus, etc)

Commissioner
Message 51 of 62
Message 51 of 62

Is it only me apart from nexus users ? Or for al ? Nougat screwed my sim.

This is my second sim card which got messed-up after updating to Nougat...I can't access network or data. Did every possible way to.make it work... But nothing helped.....MM was the last stable android version from Google and other manufacturers side..Nougat is a disaster. I can't blame Sony for this.

Inhabitant
Message 52 of 62
Message 52 of 62

Re: Touch screen issue after Nougat 7.0 update

The XZ with Android 7.1.1, and the Z3 + do it?

Sony has a debt to the users of the Z3 +, we put our trust and now they left us the phones worse than ever, the tactile does not work properly, there is lagg and overheating and it is not seen that they are working to amend what broke the update to Nougat , I bet the administrators of this forum do not even have a Z3 + in their hands so they do not know what users complain about.
Please do your work, have the complaints come to the development department and fix once and for all the problem of the Z3 +
Learner
Message 53 of 62
Message 53 of 62

Re: Issues after android 7.0 update (no tap to focus, etc)

Sony Companion will not fix the problem. Only two ways to fix it - either Wait for sony to admit to the problem / fix it... or root and downgrade. My advice... best to wait.....

Visitor
Message 54 of 62
Message 54 of 62

Re: Issues after android 7.0 update

As I can see, some of those glitches are occuring because of corrupted TA partition. It means, that if you haven't properly backed up TA partition (instructions are on this thread on XDA) and unlocked your bootloader (for rooting, TWRP and stuff - if you bought phone from second market, it's possible that you don't even know what was tampered with it), the DRM keys stored in this partition was wiped out. You can't bring them back without having a backup, and can't generate them, because it's generated at the factory using unique hardware ID. 

Losing TA partition can affect things like advanced camera functions, Mobile Bravia Engine and other things.

To check if you have this problem, and this is reason to bugs and glitches, try checking if you can change Image enhancements options (Settings -> Image enhancements -> change to X-Reality for Mobile or Superlive colors) and if it really affects the screen. If not - then you have problem.

You can also check it by Service Test. You have to type the number on phone keypad *#*#7378423#*#*, and Service menu should appear. After that, you go into Service Tests -> Security and look at first two lines. If it says "[Key OK][Active]", then it is OK. And as above, if it's not, you have damaged TA partition.

Only way to trick the phone and "emulate" DRM keys, which bring back your device to full work, is flashing changed kernel, as described here. Good luck!

Commissioner
Message 55 of 62
Message 55 of 62

Re: Issues after android 7.0 update

This makes no sense with the topic or thread!! If users needs to do all this stuff which u mentioned _ they themselves can solve their bugs instead of making a replica here!! 

- AFAIK most of the users here r on stock (no root) _ some r under warranty like me. 

-And ya!!  talking about trim area partition makes absolutely no sense with the device performance( purely depends on kernel implementations) 

-if Users or newbies follow this procedure.. They Wil brick the device to an extent where recovery chances r negative.

-The above post is completely misleading the thread and users-

Commissioner
Message 56 of 62
Message 56 of 62

Re: Sony mobiles? No for business travellers

Z series holds premium at its best!!  Hardware to software _ it's a wrong statement that" Sony devs deliverd Nougat without testing it _ " every app or software Wil be tested on an emulator  before it gets released...(testing nd testing environment differs  from dev point of view coz every tiny feature can't be tested )..  Z3+ nd z5 family has passed gct _ soo there's no way to say that it can't handle Nougat. The problem lies within the chipset SD 810.  Heat management was gud on MM _ and on Nougat it's horrible coz some controversial cpu cores r kept idle which makes the device difficult to handle the load from apps which uses multicore (gapps) which inturn leads to> over heat>lags > unresponsive > shutdown._ environmental factors should take into consideration as the device or software was tested under lab conditions. Nougat is a step-down from MM which is acceptable _ but not wat u stated in the above post!!  Please know some basics or do Google before posting it.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 57 of 62
Message 57 of 62

Re: Sony devs !!! Can u pls take a look at these serious bugs !! Xperia z3+ (E6553) Nougat

Big fail updating to nougat:

Battery Big consume

Games too las or dont run

Camera bugs

Etc.

How i can rollback?

Commissioner
Message 58 of 62
Message 58 of 62

Re: Sony devs !!! Can u pls take a look at these serious bugs !! Xperia z3+ (E6553) Nougat

Adviser
Message 59 of 62
Message 59 of 62

Thanks!

Commissioner
Message 60 of 62
Message 60 of 62

@BryanG did u reverted? If so, How does the device responds on MM?  can u pls Let us know!!