account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

I cannot use NFC on Xperia z3

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

I cannot use NFC on Xperia z3

Hello,

I've bought a SCR24 for my Xperia Z3 and I cannot connect to it via NFC. To be honest, I never needed to use NFC for data transferring before. I sent my device to service for two times in three years because of other issues but I guess they would inform me if they found any problems with the NFC.

First of all, I'm sure the NFC is on. I make sure to touch my phone's NFC sign to the accessory's. But it doesn't work. I tried to use it on safe mode but it doesn't work either. Please can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: I cannot use NFC on Xperia z3

Hi @almilaelif, let me see if I can be of any help here! Slightly smiling Face

First of all I would suggest that while you try to pair the devices that the screen is activated, if you have any protective film or another case mouted that you try to remove it from your device to verify that it's not blocking the connection.

Another good idea is to make sure that that your phone isn’t already connected to another NFC compatible device. If so, disconnect them, and try to connect to the other device again.

Try this and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi again Martin and thank you for replying! I double checked the back of my phone to see whether I have a protective film and there's none. The back of the phone is clear and so is the accessory's NFC sign's area. I've never used the NFC before so it isn't connected to any NFC device. And I try to connect my device via NFC when my lockscreen is open but I never get any notification. I tried to take the NFC test which opens when we type *#*#7378423#*#* to the dial pad while the phone was on the NFC sign of the accessory's. 

In the swp section it writes:

"uicc: failure

eSE:No eSE detected" 

And in the

"Tag reading... Enabled" section, it writes:

"Starting tag read...

Please place it close to a tag"

So I couldn't get any result from that test either.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi again @almilaelif and thank you for your quick reply!

Since the cover you are trying to pair with your phone is a Style Cover, have you tried clearing data for the Style Cover application? In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Apps > Tap the three dots in the top right corner > Tap "Show system" > Style Cover > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

This measure will reset the application settings and data which might do the trick.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I actually restored to factory settings an hour ago to see if that works, I updated all the softwares afterwards and tried again. I tried to connect another phone which has NFC too and it didn't work with it either. I guess there's something wrong with my NFC.