account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save/move photos to SD card?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How to save/move photos to SD card?

Hi,

I'm still new to the droid world, and while I like some of the features, others get me mad (you can say what you want about Apple, it's the best in terms of user friendly features).

Anyway, I've just taken some photos. And I've opened my Sony Bridge. But, I can't see the new photos. I suppose I can only see the photos that are in the memory card ... correct?

My questions are:

- how to force my mobile to always save the photos on the card?

- how do I transfer the photos from the internal memory to my card (I usually wait for the message saying the internal memory is 75% full)

Thanks 

4 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Photos

open your camera app>settings>data storage>sd card

to transfer media from internal to sd card. you can use a file explorer ( you can download at play store) locate the images folder (usually named DCIM) then move/cut to desired folder at sd card

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Internal Storage

Hi,

Is there any way to store anything I want to my external storage rather than the internal one?

I'm starting to get fed up having to delete apps as my 16GB internal storage is getting full, whereas my 128GB external one is near empty ...

Thanks!

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: How to save/move photos to SD card?

Thanks @nolramlb but I don't have any photos stored internally.
All internal data are taken by apps. I need to move apps externally.
I'm on a mobile right now so I can't add a screenshot. I will try later on from the desktop version of the community
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: How to save/move photos to SD card?

Ok, so it looks like my new question has been moved into an old one, not sure why.

I don't want to move my photos. I want to move my apps into the external memory, not the internal one.

Screenshot_20160517-180727.png