account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

How to revert radio band back to default?

Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How to revert radio band back to default?

Hi guys! I just got my Z3(D6653) a week ago. As i was exploring my phone, i bumped into the "testing" setting by dialing *#*#4636#*#*. I went into phone info tapped the menu icon on upper right corner and "accidentally" selected USA band then poof! There goes my signal, gone! I'm from Philippines and my provider is Globe telecom. So, how will i revert back my radio band? I tried searching and didn't find any answer. It was so depressing i want to kill myself for it. Hope you guys can help me before something bad happens. Lol! Thank you guys! Good day Slightly smiling Face
6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to revert radio band back to default?

@Francis_RN

You can't change the bands, perhaps you rooted and/or unlocked the bootloader and did something else? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Try repairing your phone with Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

I have done the same Slightly frowning Face

See

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/WARNING-Never-Change-Radio-Band/td-p/905055

You need te reset the phone (will loos all data if not backed up)

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@1bit @Francis_RN

follow @Phy's advice and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I didn't unlocked bootloader, my phone is not rooted. Just opened the service settings by dialing *#*#4636#*#*. I tried repairing using pc companion but it didn't work. I tried 1bit's advice and it did work. I got my signal back. Problem solved! Thanks guys!
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Please tell me complete procedure how can i get my signals back i accidently changed the radio band to US please help.