account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to attach lanyard to Xperia Z3

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How to attach lanyard to Xperia Z3

Has anyone successfully threaded a lanyard loop through the strap hole on the Xperia Z3 - if so could you tell me how to do it please?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to attach lanyard to Xperia Z3

Hi, quite difficult to explain, its just a matter of feeding thru then feeding the other end thru the part you've just fed thru......have a look on You Tube as there may be a video :smileysmileywink:

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi Phoebe1,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

If you are unable to perform the task, try a local Sony Store or maybe a network carrier store, they would have some experience performing the task and should be able to help.

I hope this helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Just seen your query and perhaps you've solved the problem now. Anyway you need to press the end of the lanyard tightly to make it as small as possible and then push it into the strap hole at a slight angle as far as it will go. Holding it in place push a sewing needle or similar into the opposite end of the hole and "fish" for the loop. It worked first time for me.

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I wouldn't advise "fishing" inside with a small needle. The pressure release valve is located in that hole. I'm unsure of the material the membrane is made from or how easy it is to puncture?
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

To attach a lanyard to the Xperia Z3 is actually quite easy once you know how. The first thing your going to need is get hold of some fishing line about 200mm (8 inches) long. Close to one end of the line try to bend it back on itself as to make a small bend in the line. Use this end to push it into the lanyard hole on the mobile so that it comes out the other side of the hole, make sure you've got at least half the line poking out of either side. Now get your lanyard and place one side of the line through the loop that will secure the lanyard, make a granny knot with the fishing line around the lanyard loop as to secure it. Next pull the fishing line back through pulling the lanyard loop back through the hole. Then undo the granny knot, open the lanyard secure rope (string) and pass the strap through, pull tight and the job is done. The job should take no more than a couple of minutes.

Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I think it's terrible that no one-including Sony-have ever marketing a truly secure lanyard solution that utilizes the built in loop that Sony built into the Xperia Z3 phone! Your "fishing line" lanyard idea probably offers the most security of any I've found so far. But please create a video showing complete construction of your lanyard. Thank you.