account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How do i block a number calling on sony experia z3

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: How do i block a number calling on sony experia z3

Hi @Neil1234, welcome to our forum!

If you want to completely block a number, you will need a third party application, just as @uliwooly wrote as there is no inbuilt call blocking feature in the Xperia Z3.

You can however forward all the calls from a specific number to your voice mail and when this number calls you, there won't be any ring tone played, the number will not show up as a missed call. To do that, open up the Contacts application > tap/create a contact with the number you want to direct to the voice mail > tap the little pen icon to edit the contact > tap the three dots in the top right corner > mark "All calls to voicemail" > Save.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@Neil1234 

I was about to suggest 

Open the Phone app > menu > settings > call settings 

but then I double checked and ... you will need a third party app to block calls 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Neil1234, welcome to our forum!

If you want to completely block a number, you will need a third party application, just as @uliwooly wrote as there is no inbuilt call blocking feature in the Xperia Z3.

You can however forward all the calls from a specific number to your voice mail and when this number calls you, there won't be any ring tone played, the number will not show up as a missed call. To do that, open up the Contacts application > tap/create a contact with the number you want to direct to the voice mail > tap the little pen icon to edit the contact > tap the three dots in the top right corner > mark "All calls to voicemail" > Save.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks guys sorted sent to my voice mail

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi again @Neil1234 and glad to hear that! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else and have a great day!