account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Holding headphones button pressed error

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Holding headphones button pressed error

Hi.
I want to use the button of the headphones while walking by pressing it a while, and getting google now.

The problem is that if the screen is unlocked it works perfect, but if it is locked in my pocket and hold the button pressed it sounds a female voice saying wait (espera in spanish) and nothing else happens. If I take out the phone I see that the screen is on with a black background and just a word in white in the center, saying Starting or Initializing (Iniciando in spanish). I don't know which program is opening the device, but it is in that screen till I press the back button.

I want to know whyvthis happens.

I've send an e-mail to support w weeks ago, but I've just get to answers saying that they are on it.

Thanks in advance.

26 REPLIES 26
Emperor
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Holding headphones button pressed error

Odd, try this

settings > apps > all> smartconnect > clear data > restart your phone > check again 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Thank you for your quick answer, but it does not work.
Emperor
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

Boot on safe mode and see if you encounter the same issue

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Thank you very much I'll try just now and answer what happens.

Updating ...

I´ve tried int secure mode and the device works as in normal mode. The Starting/Initializating (Iniciando in Spanish) black bacground window appears and the female voice saying "wait" also is there.

Thanks again uliwooly.

Emperor
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

That's odd, repair your phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

I've tried a factory reset, and the only change is that the first time after the reset, holding headphones button, the black background screen said Loading (cargando in spanish) instead of Starting/Initializating (iniciando in spanish).

I'll wait for Lollipop update to see if it gets repaired.

Thank you.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

You can contact Sony Xperia Support, regarding this.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Thank you Phy.

I've already done it, two weeks ago.

They answered twice that they are on it.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

Cool. Glad to hear that.