account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone volume too low

Rookie
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Headphone volume too low

I have recently purchased the Z3, particularly for its advertised audio features.

Unfortunately, the audio volume does not go loud enough in all 3 sets of headphones I have tried.

Is this normal?
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Headphone volume too low

What volume do you get, using the loudspeakers?   Neutral Face

One time poster
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

I just got my new Sony xperia Z3 and I am realy upset because the volume when using headphones is set so low that I can just say hear it had I known of this problem before hand I would have stuck with Apple Iphone one verry unhappy Z3 owner I think if Sony does not resolve this problem soon then the phone will die a death

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your sound quality. Please note that when you use a headphone, make sure you open walkman and increase the volume from there. You will not get this notification if you increase the volume without having the walkman app open. A pop up will say that "going above the volume limit is not safe etc." Make sure that you accept the risk and the volume should increase. Also check the settings in walkman, enable ClearAudio. Finally, make sure the volume on your headphone (if applicable) is the highest.

Good luck.

One time poster
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

@eida33 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your sound quality. Please note that when you use a headphone, make sure you open walkman and increase the volume from there. You will not get this notification if you increase the volume without having the walkman app open. A pop up will say that "going above the volume limit is not safe etc." Make sure that you accept the risk and the volume should increase. Also check the settings in walkman, enable ClearAudio. Finally, make sure the volume on your headphone (if applicable) is the highest.

Good luck.

The volume is much too low and for a phone this expensive i would expect better ,and there is no notification
allowing one to increase the volume when up full like there used to be ,and quite honestly the  decision should be mine on how low or high  the volume should be ,and there is still time to send this phone back ,which might act as a wake up call for Sony ,best wishes Brian.

Demigod
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

If volume at 100% is low for you I would immediately consult a doctor. Volume output using normal headphones is quite high and as said above with security Check at quite low level.
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Apprentice
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

I've been having the same issues with headphone volume aswell.  Its nowhere near what it should be for this phone.  All of the clear auido and other settings for this phone that is suspose to make it better, dont.  It just lowers the volume further.  I made a comparision with my old phone, a Motorola Atrix HD, using the same song bluetoothed from one phone to the other so it would be the same file.  The motorola has a higher max then the Z3 has.  And its the same with both sets of headphones I own.  Im a metalhead so sound AND volume are important...So far the Z3 only has the first.  Is there a way to make this louder?  and no, its not that I cant hear it, I just want it loud enough to drown out EVERYTHING.  The Z3's dBs dont go high enough at 100% 

Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Not had a problem with volume myself, make sure dynamic normaliser is turned on.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Demigod
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Playing really loud for longer periods of time can be dangerous. Maybe you should try noise cancelling headphones? They cut environment better (but not everything to be honest).

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Apprentice
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

The dynamic normalizer drops the volume further. So does clear auido..
Also, they are noise cancelling but when a 3 year old phone beats the new one hands down, somethings very wrong.