account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone volume too low

One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Headphone volume too low

check the Settings-> Sounds -> Volumes, the one with the speaker icon, see if its all the way up. 

having same issue with my xperia Z. don't know what happen, it was fine before. but with changing headphone there's a big difference so far. is it the handsfree? i really love the walkman experience but something went wrong. 

One time poster
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

You can increase the speaker volume yourself, it is very simple..

1)Download MTK Engineer app from market

2)open and select Engineer Mode(MTK)

3)slide twice to left to rech Hardware Testing

4)select audio

5)and select Head set Mode

6Here you will find Max Volume Value , Change this to 145 or 150 do not increase more than 150

7) press set and say ok to pop up saying volume increased now (DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES ... CAUTION: MAKE A NOTE OF THE DEFAULT VALUE BEFORE YOU MAKE THESE CHANGES SO THAT YOU CAN GO BACK TO DEFAULT SETTING WHENEVER REQUIRED)

8)EXIT THE APP AND RESTART YOUR PHONE

9) HOPE THIS HELPS ..THANKS Slightly smiling Face

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR REFRENCE :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2248396

Apprentice
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

This does not work on my Z3 Compact, Engineer Mode(MTK) does not show. Any toughts on how to enable Engineer Mode(MTK) on Z3 Compact?

Rookie
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Turn off TTY mode in settungs and the volume will be raised.
Rookie
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

whoa is this possible for the z5 compact as well?

i noticed when playing music through the auxiliarry in my car, the volume level is lower than expected and I have to turn the car stereo volume up more than I would when I was using an iphone.

however,

apparently it might also be dependent on the music player app of choice

Visitor
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Did you manage to get a fix for this please. 

One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

@bestclass

@bestclass wrote:

You can increase the speaker volume yourself, it is very simple..

1)Download MTK Engineer app from market

2)open and select Engineer Mode(MTK)

3)slide twice to left to rech Hardware Testing

4)select audio

5)and select Head set Mode

6Here you will find Max Volume Value , Change this to 145 or 150 do not increase more than 150

7) press set and say ok to pop up saying volume increased now (DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES ... CAUTION: MAKE A NOTE OF THE DEFAULT VALUE BEFORE YOU MAKE THESE CHANGES SO THAT YOU CAN GO BACK TO DEFAULT SETTING WHENEVER REQUIRED)

8)EXIT THE APP AND RESTART YOUR PHONE

9) HOPE THIS HELPS ..THANKS Slightly smiling Face

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR REFRENCE :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2248396

That really helped!

Visitor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Nonsense. Thgere is nothing wrong with my hearing but the vulme when using headphone on the Z3 was too low and now with the XZ, it's still too low. On a busy street, it's pretty much useless.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

It's funny. It's now 2018 and this is a thing with my Xperia L1.  A phone for £40 would have better volume. The hilarious factor is I have high qaulity headphones meaning when it is loud to a 70% volume it's very clear and you generally can enjoy it. But on this phone, it's like £119 for 30% of the original £40 Phone Volume at most. Meaning on a normal Phone 30% - 40% Volume is what equates 100% on the Xperia. - There's playing it safe, then there is playing it too safe.