account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Fast charging

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Fast charging

چگونه گزینه شارژ سریع را فعال کنم 

How to enable the quick charging option

gt

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fast charging

Hi @Sam689064, let me see if I can be of any help here!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

There is no need to enable any kind of option in the settings of the phone in order for quick charging to work. The only thing needed is to have a quickcharger and a cable that is compatible with the phone, such as UCH12W.

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with or if i have misinterpreted your question in any way! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fast charging

I'm professionally developing quick chargers and I´ve tested some different types of cellphones and Xperia cellphones are the worst ones in charging time.

Cables quality is important but all originals are good for this job and there is no different result between them.

Quick chargers work "talking" to Qualcomm processor and changing the charger voltage from usual 5V to 9V or 12V. I´ve never tested one in 12V, probably it is for tablets or just for future products. So, if you connect your Z3 in a quick charger you could see 9V charging voltage until 100%, after that the voltage comes back to 5V.