account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Equalizer problem after lollipop update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 101
Message 1 of 101

Equalizer problem after lollipop update

Hi. I just noticed that equalizer is only working with walkman app. It worked just fine in kitkat.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 101
Message 44 of 101

Re: Equalizer problem after lollipop update

I'm afraid i don't know for sure if this decision was made within Sony or by Google but as i understand it, the global Equalizer was removed in Nexus as well and i also found this: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Equalizer.html

"NOTE: attaching an Equalizer to the global audio output mix by use of session 0 is deprecated."

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
Emperor
Message 2 of 101
Message 2 of 101

Could you elaborate more? what do you mean by "only working with walkman app"? are you saying that other music players equalizers aren't working? if so, contact the app developers as they have to address that bug. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 101
Message 3 of 101

I mean that the equalizer is not active when using other apps like youtube.
Emperor
Message 4 of 101
Message 4 of 101

the equalizer its only for the walkman app, other apps have different settings. Google music has its own equalizer. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 101
Message 5 of 101

In kitkat it worked for every app.
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 101
Message 6 of 101

I've not seen this, are you sure you aren't just thinking it applied to all

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 7 of 101
Message 7 of 101

Im 100% sure. Maybe it was a bug... But it was really useful.
Emperor
Message 8 of 101
Message 8 of 101

@ville672 

got my hands on a Z3 running 4.4.4, I can't hear the equalizer working on youtube but it does on walkman, any suggestions on how to test this further?

Learner
Message 9 of 101
Message 9 of 101

Nothing. :/
Emperor
Message 10 of 101
Message 10 of 101

Let me know if you want me to test something else.