account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Does my Xperia Z3+ support VoLTE?

Talent
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Does my Xperia Z3+ support VoLTE?

Three have just rolled out VoLTE (super voice) in my area and was wondering how to activate it? On Samsung galaxy s6 you go into mobile network settings and I've tried on my Z3+ and don't have the option
13 REPLIES 13
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Does my Xperia Z3+ support VoLTE?

Hi 92,

Welcome to the community,

With the information I have available to me currently, I believe the device does support it, however this is going to be region specific, some locations may not have the option, this option is also network dependant.

This is how it is enabled if available for your device variant.

Menu > Settings > Call Settings > Enable VoLTE

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Could you please confirm the network and region it is enabled on. Thanks
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Hi 92,

I suggest you contact Sony Mobile within your region, they should be able to provide this information.

Please use my signature to find the contact details.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I spoke to Sony and they said this is something my carrier has to enable through an update... Since my phone is from o2 but I've had unlocked and using the network three I guess it's up to o2 to update the software and support VoLTE but when contacting o2 they say it's Sonys responsibility to update the phone as updates come from the manufacturer and not o2. Could somebody clear things up a bit? As I thought o2 updated the software as when my phone starts I get the O2 startup screen?
Emperor
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@92

Sony will release an update and send it to different regions and networks, networks will request additional features such as VoLTE, then the network will add their bloatware, test the update and finally release it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

My Carrier Support VoLTE , But Not Showing VoLTE Option

Operator Name : JIO 4G

I'm Using Sony Xperia Z3+ Dual E6533 , Where i purchased From Singapore ,

My Network Bands also Support

Please Fix Update From OTA ,i'm using Marshmallow 6.0

Current Build number : 32.2.A.0.253

Adviser
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

hello r_vignesh_77

i have bought this phone last week - and updated to version 32.2.A.0.253 yesterday. on this version also does this heats up ? i can still feel heat on back (near nfc logo). any suggestions to reduce it (phone is not unsable after heating bt it feels uncomfertable or fear of damaging internal parts due to heat)

One time poster
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Xperia z3+ volte

Does xperia z3+ support volte ?
Then please provide Volte rom download link
Ji3
One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

How to enable VoLte ?

On the phone information by dialling*#*#4636#*#* sony z3+ shows VoLte provisioned. And it is off default and open for for some time ...what its mean? Is my phone support VoLte and can u enable it by OTE update ?....plss sony help us