account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Device may be monitored?

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Device may be monitored?

@shaan123

Excellent Slightly smiling Face 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Thanks for all of your help! Really, really appreciate it! Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

AwesomePossum.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

hi Johan, do you received some informations about this ?

I don't want to make a repair from PCC and lose all my customizations....

Best regards

Emperor
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Excellent

Regular
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

Hi,

Got my Z3+ on release day here in the UK and I also see this message. The message was present out of the box before installed any apps etc.

Cheers,

Duncan
Emperor
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

@dmaidmen

Have you followed the above suggestion?

Regular
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

@uliwooly not yet.  @yankeefy comment makes it sound like this is a factory reset type action.  

Is that the case?

Emperor
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

@dmaidmen

Indeed, it will delete everything > download and reinstall the latest update

Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

I have the same issue. I think it's just a security warning for other people who might get their hands on your phone, and nothing for the user to worry about. I have disabled all the device administrators such as 'Protection by My Xperia' under Settings > Security > Device Administrators, but the message hasn't gone away.

I'm guessing it's a bug, unless there is something I'm missing that could cause it, but as far as I know both my Xperia and Google accounts that use the 'find my phone thing' is off.

I don't really want to, but I'm thinking of restoring the phone to clear it. Also, my mobile number hasn't updated under 'About Device > Status' since my operator transferred my old number. It still displays the original sim card number. So I'm hoping it will clear this up too.