account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Device may be monitored?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Device may be monitored?

Hello,

I just recieved my brand new Sony Xperia Z3+ phone from Amazon, it is literally out of the box and brand new, however it is showing up with a message saying 'Device may be monitored' on the tiles pane where I drag the settings pane down. When I tap the 'Device may be monitored ' text the picture that is attached to this post is shown.

How can I disable this administrator access? or stop monitoring of the phone? I have spoken to my network provider here in the UK (Tesco Mobile) they said it is to do with Sony/the phone, not them.

I have done everything, even checked 'Device administrators' and deactivated all of them, but it still says 'Device may be monitored'.

_20150625_203941.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Device may be monitored?

@shaan123

Thats odd, how about if you restart the phone or reinstall any new or current updates with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

@shaan123

Thats odd, how about if you restart the phone or reinstall any new or current updates with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

I will try this now,

Hopefully this will fix the issue, I can't see why my Z3+ would have an administrator straight away from just opening the box. Very strange.

Thanks for your quick response! Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

@shaan123 

Let us know if that solves the issue. 

Learner
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

@uliwooly 

Will do! Hope it does, fingers crossed! 

CPK
Learner
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

I have the same message on my z3+
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Hi guys! Just wanted to inform you that I have forwarded this internally to check if we can receive some information about this notification.

One time poster
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Hey there,

Any chances you've enabled my Xperia ?

That message usually shows up when you give authorization to remotely wipe/locate the device (which is what you can do with myxperia)

Emperor
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

@myiguru

I'm not sure if this is MyXperia, let's wait for @Johan to get more info 

Learner
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Hey all!

I had to end up using the repair option on the PC Companion and it fixed it! Grinning Face

Literally all I done was repair through the Macbridge and it worked wonders! 

Thank you for all of your help! I think something must have been enabled, but that repair fully fixed the issue.