account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

“Could not open connection to server”

Visitor
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Dear Gentlemen,

i connect my mobile Z3 with our Exchange Server (email system) everytime i try to make sync or refresh i get this Message
please there is any way to solve this problem

Your quick response will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance...

29 REPLIES 29
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

Re: “Could not open connection to server”

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Do you receive this error message if you're connected to a specific network? For example mobile network or a Wi-Fi network?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

That message implies that your pop settings are wrong or your smtp settings are wrong hence why it won't open a connection to something that as far as your phone thinks isn't actually there

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

Dear Hampus,

no i was using wifi and i try many rotars with many internet operator

Visitor
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

Dear thommo,

first something thinks for your try but my setting is microsoft exchange activeSync not pop and iam sure from inserted information from 200% iam IT Dept. i have more than 600 user and it's work with them on all moblie brands even Sony z2 and z1 i face this case just with Z3 and the problem not just with our company email it's with yahoo too,

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

But have you been able to sync/ refresh your emails before? Perhaps you have changed the password recently for your Exchange account, then you need to update it in your phone too. This can be done via Settings > Exchange ActiveSync > Account settings > your@account > Incoming settings.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

no i sure i don't change anything and this problem from beginning i can't refresh or sync but sometimes automatically it's download my emails alone maybe after two or three days from received date,
yesterday i remove all my accounts and i tried to connect it again, before it's was connecte normally but when i try to refresh my email i face this message now i get this message when i try to connect the my email and it's unable to connect i try my yahoo and hotmail same problem Grinning Face with smiling Eyes (i'm sure from all the information user, Pass, domain and server).

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

It sounds like something with the internet connection, have you tried with the mobile network? Perhaps you could try another Email application? For Yahoo/hotmail you can try K-9 Mail which can be found via Google Play store and for Exchange, you can try TouchDown.

Visitor
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

Hi, I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I was using E-mail client on my Xperia Z1 for more then a year, and now it seas “Could not open connection to server”.

the thing is it is syncing sent items and not the inbox and incoming mail, when i sent an Email then Email is send correctly.

So the only problem is that I don't get new Emails on my phone.

I tried deleting the account and setting it up again, it worked for the first time when it was syncing and syncked new Emails after it was back to the old problem...

Please help.

Visitor
Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

So Sony, as I am searching web I see that this hapens all of a souden to people and you do not have a solution on this matter???

this is sad...