account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Connect to a none broadcasting network?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 29
Message 11 of 29

Re: Connect to a none broadcasting network?

When the router is not broadcasting the phone loses connection from the router and says out of range.
When i reactivate broacasting it reconnects.

???

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 29
Message 12 of 29

Is there a seeting to fix this?

If not sony can you patch this?

Emperor
Message 13 of 29
Message 13 of 29

Contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 29
Message 14 of 29

Connect to 5GHZ WI-FI that's not broadcasting

Ok i talked to the people threw email and they have no clue what i'm talking about.
I'll ask again here.

Why can't this phone connect to a none broadcasting 5GHZ 802.11ac Wi-Fi router?

Thank you...

Message 15 of 29
Message 15 of 29

Re: Connect to 5GHZ WI-FI that's not broadcasting

You already had a long thread on here regarding this post
Inhabitant
Message 16 of 29
Message 16 of 29

Yes i like i said i took his advise and no one from that support system can help me.

So i'm coming back here for one last shot.

You adding it to the end of my old post does this convo no justice, no ones going to read the new title.

So this will go unanswered just because you moved it here.

Can i have a repost of this to get a fair clean start and a second chance since this first post got convaluted?

Thank you...

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 29
Message 17 of 29

So stocky Village your work for sony or you are an admin here?

Is this customer service in deleting my posts and moving my posts around?

Touch my post again and i will go higher with this and see how your actions get dealt with.

I'm posting this question again cause it never got fully answered and want another shot at it.
You have no right to prevent me from finding those answers out, and controling how i search for this answer.

Like i said leave my posts alone or i will be calling sonys customer service and putting in a complant about your actions.

you have been warned...

Message 18 of 29
Message 18 of 29

you gota brodcast your SSID for any wifi devices to detect it :/ or it will not find the network since broadcast is turned off inside your router.

Best option is to use something named MAC-Allow list or w.e it's called most routers have this so doing it this way any un-authorized MAC address will be thrown off from wifi even if user has correct pass it will still throw them off since their MAC-Address isn't in the allowed list.

Message 19 of 29
Message 19 of 29

@l337g0g0 i suggest you calm down and stop being disrespectful. The posts have been merged here because there is no need to start so many topics on the same subject.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 20 of 29
Message 20 of 29

Thanks Alexdon my reply would have been a lot harsher