account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cannot pull down status bar

Visitor
Message 141 of 159
Message 141 of 159

Status bar on Sony Xperia unable to drop down.

Hi, I am unable to pull down the status bar the moment it's in portrait mode. The phone is barely a month old was no incidents
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 142 of 159
Message 142 of 159

Re: Status bar on Sony Xperia unable to drop down.

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* and go to Service Tests»Touch»Free Draw

Are you able to draw all the way up to the top of the screen?
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 143 of 159
Message 143 of 159

Re: Cannot pull down status bar

Thé same thing happened tout me few days ago
One time poster
Message 144 of 159
Message 144 of 159

Yep, so this started happening to me today. Phone is a D6653 Z3, build 23.0.1.A.5.77, and is still on Android 4.4.4 (Kit Kat) and has never been updated since i got it about 18 months (give or take) ago. Tested the touchscreen, basically the area where the pull down part resides is no longer repsonding and i have to switch to landscape to get at it. (It also doesn't pull down in the lock screen as some people have strangley experienced)..

Also from reading peoples repsonses, the standard checklist that they like to give out is utterly pointless (as they usually are) and only proves an issue within the devices and this is far from an isolated issue for a few handsets, which is not good for a flagship model.

If indeed this is not fixed by sony at any point, then this will be my first and LAST sony phone.

Visitor
Message 145 of 159
Message 145 of 159

One time poster
Message 146 of 159
Message 146 of 159

Notification bar not working, other than lock screen

So today, just recently I have a problem of dropping my notification bar, cant easy access wifi/flashlight /etc

But! When I turn the phone on (on the lock screen) I can lower it...

Any solutions?
One time poster
Message 147 of 159
Message 147 of 159

However I am also facing the same issue from last 2 days,Please provide the solution to solve this problem or tell me the cost of repair.

How much do they charge for repair in Service center Bangalore(India)?

One time poster
Message 148 of 159
Message 148 of 159

Hey mate, I have the same problem and its probably because the touch in the top of your phone isnt working anymore. I contaced and chatted with 2/3 Sony staff and they said it is because of the hardware and software repair wont fix it. A month later my phones a small rectangular part on the right side isnt working. Im so tensed and worried of what to do next Slightly frowning Face

Message 149 of 159
Message 149 of 159

Friends and fellow Z3 owners. Save your breath. No solutions forthcoming. Sony support staff has no user-based solutions. I have spoken to Sony support a couple of times with no successful fix. Unless you have a repair center willing to accept your out of warranty handset for repair, you're out of luck. The Z3 is yesterday's news as far as Sony is concerned. The handset is 2 generations removed from being the flagship, and the X series is the new darling.

If you can accept rotating the phone to landscape,  the Z3 is still a good phone...just not able to perform as designed.

Message 150 of 159

My tuchscreen dientes Work correctly, i dont Know what to do!!

My tuchscreen dientes Work correctly, i dont Know what to do!!