account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cannot pull down status bar

Message 111 of 159
Message 111 of 159

Re: Cannot pull down status bar

Its not a HW problem.
One time poster
Message 112 of 159
Message 112 of 159

Re: Xperia z3 notification bar problem

I've had this problem with the notification bar not pulling down in portrait since a recent software update. I did not want to reinstall as this would lead to loss of data. I spotted an earlier comment and lo and behold, it works in landscape. Solved my problem, it's easier to flip the phone then to do a reinsatall. Hope this helps peeps.

One time poster
Message 113 of 159
Message 113 of 159

I am having the same problem after upgrading to Android 6.

It seems to be a software issue with the touch screen sensitivity. 

I had a glass screen protector on mine.  I found when I removed the protector the screen worked.  

I can also use the phone with the screen protector and "glove mode" turned on but everything is too sensitive.

So the only solution seems to be to use the phone with no protection on the screen.

One time poster
Message 114 of 159
Message 114 of 159

I just hit the same problem now, I just upgrade my Z3 yesterday and it worked fine for a while, but after i reboot the unit today the home button and the "recent" button is just not work at all (but there is highlight animation so i can sure the touch is detected), status bar cannot pull down and there is no new notification nor shortcut key can be shown...is that caused by the software update? can i downgrade it by myself coz i use this for nearly 2 years and i dun think i should spend anymore due to sony's software fault... 

Inhabitant
Message 115 of 159
Message 115 of 159

It is NOT a hardware problem.

Last week all was fine and now suddenly my drawer doesn't work well.

In landscape it works flawless. But in portrait I have to try a dozen times.

It's NOT a hardware problem, it's a software issue.

It seems like the area to detect the sliding down is very very small, hence in landscape it works well because then the area it much wider. Might that be the case?

Please address and fix this.

One time poster
Message 116 of 159
Message 116 of 159

I am also getting the same behaviour in xperia z3 compact after upgrading the software. It is software issue and sony needs to fix it.

No sure why they are taking so long time.

One time poster
Message 117 of 159
Message 117 of 159

I got update on 1 September and my mobile is updated and a bug found in 6.0 Android Notification bar cannot pull down when I change orientation and check running app list I can pull down notification but normally notifications is not working when I check many have same issue

Sony should this problem

Sony should care about customer and have to give proper solution
It a software bug and need a update which can solve this problem
One time poster
Message 118 of 159
Message 118 of 159

Touch

The upper bar doesn't swamped down and the phone Is worm in top part
Inhabitant
Message 119 of 159
Message 119 of 159

Re: Touch

As posted in this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Status-bar-Notification-pull-down-difficult-in-home-...

To everyone: This is NOT a hardware issue!

It's fully a software issue!

People experience that from a random time (for me it was somewhere last week) they have much difficulty to swipe down the Status/Notification bar (in portrait mode).

This is very frustrating because we use it to: toggle wifi, use flashlight, toggle bluetooth, toggle do not disturb etc.etc.

Touchscreen is working fine in all area's, even you can notice this when putting your phone in landscape mode, the sliding down of the Status/Notification bar will then work right away with no issues at all.

Sony has to get their sh$t together and don't introduce new issues in new versions (that even break things when you are not even updating at all!)

Sony please fix this ASAP or I'll need to move to another brand phone!

Adviser
Message 120 of 159
Message 120 of 159

Re: Touch

It's nice to see censorship at work from Sony - they deleted my post in this forum regarding the same issue (I have a Z3 Compact, but the issue is the same, and I chose to post it here since it is best described in this forum).

You can read all about it here:https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Status-bar-Notification-pull-down-difficult-in-home...

Basically the interaction with Sony Support was as follows, I am literally offended by the answer (or lack of it rather):

This is how it goes:

1. Open a support request, describe the issue in english (so it can fwd.), offer my full support for bugfixing, ASK them not the give me the "standard checklist"

2. Sony replies with the "standard checklist"

3. I reply to the e-mail in question, mentioning that I am dissapointed that they didn't even bother to read my request, and just pasted me the "standard checklist" for an answer, reiterate the issue and...

4. Sony replies with the "standard checklist"

Judge for yourselves.

Goodbye Sony!