account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cannot pull down status bar

Learner
Message 1 of 159
Message 1 of 159

Cannot pull down status bar

Hello, I noticed an update installation after I restarted my Xperia Z3. Unfortunately after phone booted I cannot pull down status bar. But is accessible when the screen is locked. The phone is running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. I would be grateful if anyone can help thanks. 

mdbahmad
158 REPLIES 158
Genius
Message 2 of 159
Message 2 of 159

Re: Cannot pull down status bar

Hi mdbahmad

You could try re-installing Lollipop with PC Companion, this is very likely to help smoothen out the operating system for you as it will remove & reinstall the operating system for you. 

Note: a software repair will delete all user data, to back up your phone using PC Companion: 

1. Go to Support to install PC Companion on a Windows computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
(Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard).

Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

Hope this helps Slightly smiling Face Keep us updated. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 159
Message 3 of 159

I did everything as mentioned above. FYI I upgraded to Lollipop 5.1.1 today but the problem still persists. Something weird, the notification bar will pull down in landscape mode but not portrayed. But is still accessible in portrait mode when the screen is locked.
mdbahmad
Learner
Message 4 of 159
Message 4 of 159

For now I installed Drop Down Status Bar. Here's the link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wq.dropdownstatusbar&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dg...
mdbahmad
Rookie
Message 5 of 159
Message 5 of 159

notification bar not rolling down in z3

In my xepria z3 notification bar is not rolling down while the screen is in portrait mode. I guess its a software problem because its been almost 8 months im using it and i have never faced this kinda problem until i updated to andriod 5.1.1. And if you suggesting my screen has a crack, well it doesnt i checked several times, when it comes to my cell phone im extra careful with it. So please look into the problem and fix it ASAP. 

Master
Message 6 of 159
Message 6 of 159

Re: notification bar not rolling down in z3

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 7 of 159
Message 7 of 159

i did as you told, the problem is still there, so kindly please give me a proper solution.

Master
Message 8 of 159
Message 8 of 159

Did you try the software repair after you updated the phone? If you did, please see the second part of my previous answer. If the repair doesn't help, you should send in the phone to a service center for repair.

Rookie
Message 9 of 159
Message 9 of 159

you guys dont have your so called repair centre in Bangladesh. 

Master
Message 10 of 159
Message 10 of 159

If you contact your local Xperia support or the store where you bought the phone they can help you with sending the phone away for a repair.