account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cannot pull down status bar

One time poster
Message 151 of 159
Message 151 of 159

xperia z3 notification bar problem

I am using xperia z3 compact. All of a sudden i can't drag/swipe down my quick settings and notification bar. But when my phone is on landscape and locked it's fine. I tried fixing it thru safe mode, but to no avail it's still the same. Please help

One time poster
Message 152 of 159
Message 152 of 159

Notifications issues

I have Sony Xperia z3 having problem with notification like I couldn't scroll down notification. But when I change my display to landscape mode I can scroll down.

Learner
Message 153 of 159
Message 153 of 159

Re: Notifications issues

I had this after the update to 6.0.1 on my Z3 Compact.

There is clearly a screen to digitiser calibration issue in the software, and Sony don't seem to want to fix it. 

The quick workround is to install Nova Launcher from the Play Store. The swipe down action then works fine.  I guess Nova has a more tolerant pixel window it looks at, similar to the lock screen swipe which always works.

One time poster
Message 154 of 159
Message 154 of 159

You are exactly correct. 

There is a tiny strip at the top of my screen which is temperamental. 

Works perfectly in lock screen. It sometimes works in portrait but I have to cover a wide area with my thumb. 

Surely a simple solution is to do as you say and extend the area where it's looking for you swiping down. Come on Sony sort it out. 

Learner
Message 155 of 159
Message 155 of 159

Same problem with me, firs the touchscreen rarely touching itself, then it more hard to scroll down, need twice/more scrolling, and now can't scroll down anymore in portrait. Still didn't have any solution (TT). It's like dead spot on touchscreen ?

Learner
Message 156 of 159
Message 156 of 159

Re: xperia z3 notifiication bar problem

Is there any solution ?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 157 of 159
Message 157 of 159

Notification bar comes out

Mi z3 No.salen barra de notificación. Y el botón inicio no funciona 

My z3 No notification bar. And the start button does not work

GT

One time poster
Message 158 of 159
Message 158 of 159

Re: Notification bar comes out

Very disappointed with Sony, especially as it used to be a quality brand. My system UI regularly shuts down forcing me to restart. Then I'm allowing some overlay which doesn't allow me to configure, and now the notification bar doesn't respond when trying to drag down. :-( Going to have to go to another brand and not look back.

One time poster
Message 159 of 159
Message 159 of 159

Re: Cannot pull down status bar

It Work if u scroul from clock