account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cannot pull down status bar

One time poster
Message 101 of 159
Message 101 of 159

Problems with my Z3

Hey everyone, this is my first time on here. My phone has been acting up ever since my latest phone update(marshmallow). My home button does not work nor does my notification pull down or my pages button work. Now I want to do a software repair but in order to do that it says that I should do a back-up. All sounds good but every time I try a get a message saying back-up has stopped working. I have tried backing it up to a SD card, online storage and also to my computer via companion. All with the same message. So I'm sure you see my conundrum.
Message 102 of 159
Message 102 of 159

Re: Problems with my Z3

@Foedy

Try to choose fewer options in Back up & restore app: only contacts, call logs, and messages. For media and pictures on internal memory use the traditional copy/paste to your PC. Don't back up settings or "others".

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 103 of 159
Message 103 of 159

Re: Cannot pull down status bar

Even i have same issue with my Z3. Sony please wake up and fix this issues.

Visitor
Message 104 of 159
Message 104 of 159

Re: Problems with my Z3

Since I updated my Z3 Compact to Marshmallow I cannot pull down the status bar...

Nothing works. I tried to repair it using the Sony Software in my PC.

I tried factory reset, nothing happened...

A CALL ON SONY!!! PLEASE HELP US ON THIS! YOU HAVE OUR EMAIL... EXTEND YOUR HELP!

Visitor
Message 105 of 159
Message 105 of 159

Dear friend from past couple of days I'm also facing same problem...
Don't know is this a software bug or hardware.
One time poster
Message 106 of 159
Message 106 of 159

Xperia z3 notification bar problem

Why can't I drag down my notification bar? I already tried software repair by pc companion but nothing has changed.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 107 of 159
Message 107 of 159

Re: Xperia z3 notification bar problem

Try Contacting Sony Xperia for further support.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 108 of 159
Message 108 of 159

Re: Xperia z3 notification bar problem

Hi @Chinchi,

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like a hardware problem. You can test it by going to Settings > About Phone > Diagnostics > Test > Touch Screen. See if you can clear all the fog off the image or if there's an area at the top where it's not detecting your touch.

In the end though, the answer is to contact your local support team as @Phy said.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 109 of 159
Message 109 of 159

If its a hardware issue are we not supposed to gonna get any replacement for any parts or unit? Mine has the same issue im pretty careful with my phone and the fact that is lts only 10 months old i kinda wasted my money knowing my old Samsung phone lasted me 3 yrs without any issue up until now.
Message 110 of 159
Message 110 of 159

Sony, come on... No drop down bar is awful.