account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't install Android 6.0.1 update

Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 67
Message 21 of 67

Re: Won't update to marshmallow

Hi @Bg3,

You can try clearing data for the Software Update app as suggested earlier in this topic. Also, remember that if you have access to a PC you can also update through Xperia Companion.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 22 of 67
Message 22 of 67

Software update failure -Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0)

Dear all,  kindly help me..

I got a notification that a new software is available. I tried installing it directly on my phone xperiaZ3 dual 6633.. After few hours i get a failure msg that new software couldnt be installed. I tried through xperia companion, after fewhours, it get stuck and the downlaod sstops. Can you please help.

Thankyou

Regards

Komal

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 23 of 67
Message 23 of 67

Re: Software update failure -Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0)

try to clear data of software upgrade service

settings> apps> software upate> clear data

restart your device.

if still fails. just wait a few more moments. it might be a server error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Inhabitant
Message 24 of 67
Message 24 of 67

Re: System upgrade download fails

I have faced the same problem. I tried to download the update twice, about 95% the download cancel itself. I don't know what is going wrong?
XPERIA Z3 DUAL
Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 67
Message 25 of 67

@Isac Have you tried updating both directly in your phone as well as with a PC?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 26 of 67
Message 26 of 67

No, I'm planning to use Xperia companion to do that. I will see what will happen
Rookie
Message 27 of 67
Message 27 of 67

Re: Won't update to marshmallow

Facing same issue.. 

Visitor
Message 28 of 67
Message 28 of 67

Thanks nolramlb. Followed ur plan and it worked
One time poster
Message 29 of 67
Message 29 of 67

Phone isn't getting updated

In new update from xperia TM of marshmallow (6.0.1),whenever I download the update fully but it won't update. It has consumed my 2.75Gb data please tell me whether I should update this or not.
One time poster
Message 30 of 67
Message 30 of 67

New massmellow update

Hi, i am a z 3 user, i got ur new android massmellow update but after downloading it is not being installed, again it is appear anew android update to download then again i download again not install, again it shows update is therw to download