account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't install Android 6.0.1 update

Apprentice
Message 11 of 67
Message 11 of 67

Re: System upgrade download fails

You guys should try updating through PC Companion. It worked the first time for me.
One time poster
Message 12 of 67
Message 12 of 67

Re: System upgrade download fails

i got same issue and idk what to do now. want the update so bad but it keeps saying it is up to date on 5.1.1 version, and i also tried the Xperia Companion and it says that my xperia already running the latest system software available...

Visitor
Message 13 of 67
Message 13 of 67

Software update not installing

Hi, I have downloaded latest Sony software 3 times and it is not giving me the option to install. Each time it asks me to download update again.
I have a Z5 compact.
What do I do?
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 67
Message 14 of 67

Re: Software update not installing

does the update show up in your device system update? settings>software update.

if not then the sony software is giving you false positive update. wait a little bit more until the device notifies you that an update is available.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Visitor
Message 15 of 67
Message 15 of 67

In Settings-->software update it only gives option to download again. It has downloaded 3 times so surely it must be somewhere on the phone? Is it not possible to access the file and install?
Forum Legend
Message 16 of 67
Message 16 of 67

ok here what you can try:

settings> apps>show system apps>software update> clear data.

restart your device,

then run the update again.settings>about phone>software update

________________________________________________________________________________
Forum Legend
Message 17 of 67
Message 17 of 67

try to update using http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Visitor
Message 18 of 67
Message 18 of 67

Thanks, will try and let you know
Highlighted
Up4
One time poster
Message 19 of 67
Message 19 of 67

Marshmallow update

I've an issue in updating new android version when it reaches 99% it automatically cancelled and start from 1% again ...
Bg3
One time poster
Message 20 of 67
Message 20 of 67

Won't update to marshmallow

Hi, i got notification to update to marshmallow so I'm excited to download it and so i did. But when it finished downloading, nothing happens and again the notification is still there saying to update. I checked the download folder but nothing. I also free up my internal storage and downloaded it once more while conected to the charger. But when it finished still the same problem, not updated.
How to update to marshmallow, I'm using Xperia Z3 Dual?