account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Can't access audio settings

SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Can't access audio settings

Hey everyone. Today I plugged my headphones in and waited for smart connect to disable clear audio plus since it hurts my ears with headphones... It didn't do that, I tried disabling it manually but I couldn't access audio settings in music app... It just wouldn't do anything when I clicked on it, then it said this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7drv4nf6o0pydg/Screenshot_2015-09-22-13-34-25.png?dl=0 and when I did go to settings, sound, audio settings it again said the same thing... I need help, I've restarted my phone like 5 times to no avail... And I've checked running apps and there's nothing that could do this...

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't access audio settings

Hello raul,  it seems like you've downloaded some equaliser or sound enchancing app which is preventing you from using default audio settings. Please check for the app and delete it and try again.  

7 REPLIES 7
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hello raul,  it seems like you've downloaded some equaliser or sound enchancing app which is preventing you from using default audio settings. Please check for the app and delete it and try again.  

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for replying.
I was stupid enough to do multiple things at once so now I have no idea what has fixed it. I uninstalled few apps, only one of them was an equalizer. I uninstalled even mx player because I do think it was the cause since that's the only app that I've uninstalled that I have used in the last 2 days... Anyways, it's now working although I can't help others who have or will have this issue in the future...
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hello Raul, I'm using MX player in my Z3 and it doesn't interrupt my audio settings.I'm pretty sure that equilizer is the one to blame.Happy that it worked out! Slightly smiling Face:smileysmileythumbsup:

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Yeah, I've been using it for months too, but agai, it was the only thing that I'd used lately. And as I was writing this I remembered that I did mess with mx player's settings 1 day ago and I'm now almost certain that it was caused by it. What I definitely do remember changing was software audio encoding... Now when I think about it it does make sense, it overweote hardware (default phone settings) encoding so my audio was being encoded by mx therefore my phone's os couldn't change anything.
If it's not hard, could you please test it? All I did was clicking on the note icon while playing a video then checking SW encoding.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hello Raul, I just played 3 HD videos in Mx player with both H\W and S\W encodings. They show no sign of interruption with Audio settings of walkman or any other music app. I'm able to change all audio settings which are accessible from Walkman and through general settings. I'm afraid MX player wasn't the cluprit in this case. Anyway Happy that your phone is back to normal. You can go ahead and install and use MX player if needed without hesitation. 

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Good to know. Thanks for checking that. It's a mystery for me though, since I hadn't used any equalizer app or anything like that in awhile. Anyways, great that I can use my phone as its supposed to be used.
Thanks for every reply. Slightly smiling Face
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello raul, Anytime. Enjoy your Z3.