account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera image quality degradation between .200 to .232

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Camera image quality degradation between .200 to .232

I have a us unlocked version of the d6603 and noticed after a super clean install....(factory reset, then installed updated software .232) the camera seems to overall have much more noise in the image.... Where as photos before the update were much cleaner and had much less noise... Right now it's almost like it has artificial film grain....

The only thing I haven't tried is the factory reset that you do when your battery is above 80 percent...

Anyone else have this issue....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Camera image quality degradation between .200 to .232

Hi @SONICMILLER

Please, from your Home screen try the following:

1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings -> Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on Camera.
5. Tap Force stop -> Clear data.
6. Restart the phone.

keep us updated please.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @SONICMILLER

Please, from your Home screen try the following:

1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings -> Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on Camera.
5. Tap Force stop -> Clear data.
6. Restart the phone.

keep us updated please.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

i didn't want to start a new topic so i', gonna ask here, i've seen that the z3+ support a lot of manual settings like shutter control, apperature, with the exception of RAW, so what do you think, can Sony enable these features on the Z3 or should i go and buy the Z3+ ? or try to dig deep in the internet for a custom rom or etc ? thx in advance 

p.s. i don't use the default sony camera app and the results i'm getting from the camera are stunning i guess sony should work more on their camera processing