account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Calculator it's wrong

SOLVED
Learner
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: Calculator it's wrong

Radians should have no effect on this calculation. Radians are just another unit to measure angles so will not be an issue.
Apprentice
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

in all normal calaculators, 20%  is = 0.20 

that is why 100 - 20% => 100-0.20 = 99.8

% is referenced to 1.0 , like for 20 % it is 0.2 and 90% it is 0.90. so that when you do calculation like

25% of amount X , it is going to be X*25%  ,

with google and online extra smart calc.

when you say 100 - 20%  ,,calc automatically assume that you re asking for 20% of100 , but you never specified that directly .

if you really want to do same  with normal calc , it syntax should be 100 - (100*20%) . you have to say of what amount % need tobe substracted.

sony calculator app is fine as it should be , so i think you should get yourself use to it .

Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

@mit_z3plus That's how I also thought things work but it seems calculators assume it's 20% of X if you add or subtract.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

HPC
Rookie
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

Hi all,

I see this is still an ongoing issue. I have a Z5 Compact that used to be ok on Android 5 but when it got the upgrade to Android 6.0 it now cannot do basic subtraction of percentages. When you do 200-15%  it shows the result as 199.85 and not 170.  It shows RAD in the top left corner.  Before the upgrade I used to use it to work ut percentages all the time with no issue or error. Is this a problem with the coding in Android 6, or something else? 

Visitor
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

Stock calculator giving wrong mean of numbers

When I add up numbers and divide by the total numbers to get the mean or the average number the calculator gives wrong answers and numbers way above what the average should be.

Can anyone help me with this frustrating situation?

Thank you.

Shane.
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

Re: Stock calculator giving wrong mean of numbers

Post an example, don't forget the parenthesis and don't forget about PEMDAS