account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Black screen and battery indicator flashes red

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Black screen and battery indicator flashes red

So, I was charging my Z3+ when I realized that it was only just a black screen. I rebooted it using the power + vol up combo and now it is in a continuous loop - the screen turns on but just black, 3 short flashes of red and then a longer flash of red in the notification/batter indicator at the top left part of my device. After a while, the loop would stop and the indicator would turn green (If I was charging it) The only things I did to my phone were disable some SystemUI elements using ADB (Fluid NG and SystemUI tweaker. Before doing the ADB tweaks everything was fine.

Before this, I was trying to put my SD card into the device and in doing so found out that there was a blue tab connected with some sort of info about my device in Japanese. I don't know if pulling that out caused the weird issue I'm having or maybe it's just my battery.

I tried using Xperia Companion but it came back with this: UEGetPhoneInfoMissingInfo (Maybe because my phone is a Japanese model from SoftBank)