account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery problem

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Battery problem

the percentage of the battery is still blocked at 20%, do not worry about charging it has its correct life, if anyone can help me, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery problem

Hi @Mimmolam,

Welcome to the community,

I am not sure I understand in full. Are you saying the handset will only charge to 20% and will not charge past this point and have you tried charging the handset while it is turned off and if so what was the outcome of that charge?

Please let me know.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

hi, jake, i did a lot of tests, load off, turned on, i did the reset, but nothing the percentage of the battery always stays at 20% .when i reload the led is red after about two hours ie more or less charging time the LED turns green, but the percentage remains at 20%

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Mimmolam

Thank you for replying, if the handset seems to last for a long period of time but stays at 20% then this sounds more like a software problem.

In this case, I would suggest backing up your handset and then run through a software repair.

backup using Xperia Companion

software repair using Xperia Companion

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

hello, I tried everything, I reset, I did software repair with companion, I also replaced the battery, but the problem persists, percentage of battery always fixed at 20%Screenshot_20171028-181647.png

Rookie
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Battery fail after replacing it

Hi, i replaced my Z3+ battery with a new one (LIS1579ERPC). Looks like an original one, bought on iFixit. It was the only place that i found an original battery outside ebay.

After replacing it the phone does not charege and the battery is stucked at 20%. I used the phone for a couple of minutes and shut down. So that level is not real, it's just a fixed number.
If a change to the old battery it charges ok and battery level changes (battery status shows 900mah, it's extremely bad).

I've tried with original wall charger, laptop USB and another standard wall charger, same results.

ADB information for  "adb shell dumpsys battery":

AC powered: false

USB powered: true

Wireless powered: false

Max charging current: 0

Max charging voltage: 0

Charge counter: 0

health: 7

present: true

level: 20

scale: 100

voltage: 3829