account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Battery percentage is stuck on 20%

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Battery percentage is stuck on 20%

Kenapa persentase baterai saya 20% selalu. Gak mau turun gak mau naik. Padahal saya cas udah 12 jam udah keluar lampu hijau tanda baterai udah full tapi persen nya tetap 20%

Why is my battery percentage 20% always. Do not want to go down not going up. Though I cas already 12 hours already out the green light indicates the battery is full but its still 20%

-GT

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Battery percentage is stuck on 20%

Hi @Azharimuna, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I have translated your question to English as this is an International forum.

Have you tried charging the device when it's powered off and see if the battery percentages moves past 20%? You can also force a shutdown of the device by holding down the OFF button which is located in the SIM card slot with the tip of a pen for 2 minutes and then charge the device when it's powered off.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Smartphone saya juga begitu, meskipun sudah restart 

My smartphone is too, even though it has restarted
gt

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Yudi411, sorry to hear about this.

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum.

Have you tried the troubleshooting that I suggested in my previous post in this thread? If you haven't done that, please do so and report back.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Screenshot_20181226-201226.pngScreenshot_20181226-201327.png

how can i decide this proplem.

I tried Power+volume up, change firemware, get OFF button for 2 minute.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I am also facing the same problem with my Xperia 5 Premium. i did try charging with mobile powered off. it charges to the full but still when it is switched ON the battery shows 20% and it remains like this how much i use it,,,,,,, can not assess when to put on charge again. Please help.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @guru63, sorry to hear about your Xperia Z5 Premium. Slightly frowning Face

Did you try and use the OFF button to shut down the device and then charge it while it's powered off as well, or did you only charge it when the device was powered off? If you haven't tried turning the device off with the OFF button at a low battery percentage and then charged it again for 4-5 hours, please do that and see if there is any change.

This should recalibrate the battery and hopefully it will show the correct battery level after doing this.

Should there be no change, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion and remember to backup your personal data, as the repair will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face