account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 361 of 378
Message 361 of 378

Re: Audio volume concerns

Sorry for my bad english, but perhaps my solution can help at least someone.

It was the same here - incoming calls were so low, it was nearly impossible to understand it.

But i always thought, the volume go weaker every month, not only when the kk-update arrive.

Problem:

The glue of the display is way to soft and when it was hot in the summer the glue began to soften:

When i press the display at the top edge, the glue leak out between the glas and the body.

The colour was yellow, by the way.

But it also leak out to the speaker and reduce directly the volume very effective.

We all know that soft glue work like rubber and reduce the volume very hard.

So i tried to wash it away with water under a valve , rub soft with my hands over the display and the speaker but nothing happens.

Audio still low.

Then i get a very soft brush and do it again under the valve.

After this, i didn t saw any glue on the speaker at all and i do a testcall.

And to my surprise the volume was fully restored.

Before - 30 to 40% volume, after cleaning 100% volume. No restart was done, no software was chanced.

Be aware that the phone is not anymore 100% waterproof, because of this bad glue sony took. When u wash it, put the display side down so no water can go inside between the display and the body.

And even it will help u - the phone is still a case for the warranty, because it s not fully waterproof anymore.

For me it was no software problem, it was the bad glue, sony took for the display.

Hope this can help for some.

Message 362 of 378
Message 362 of 378

@Kennydy wrote:

Sorry for my bad english, but perhaps my solution can help at least someone.

It was the same here - incoming calls were so low, it was nearly impossible to understand it.

But i always thought, the volume go weaker every month, not only when the kk-update arrive.

Problem:

The glue of the display is way to soft and when it was hot in the summer the glue began to soften:

When i press the display at the top edge, the glue leak out between the glas and the body.

The colour was yellow, by the way.

But it also leak out to the speaker and reduce directly the volume very effective.

We all know that soft glue work like rubber and reduce the volume very hard.

So i tried to wash it away with water under a valve , rub soft with my hands over the display and the speaker but nothing happens.

Audio still low.

Then i get a very soft brush and do it again under the valve.

After this, i didn t saw any glue on the speaker at all and i do a testcall.

And to my surprise the volume was fully restored.

Before - 30 to 40% volume, after cleaning 100% volume. No restart was done, no software was chanced.

Be aware that the phone is not anymore 100% waterproof, because of this bad glue sony took. When u wash it, put the display side down so no water can go inside between the display and the body.

And even it will help u - the phone is still a case for the warranty, because it s not fully waterproof anymore.

For me it was no software problem, it was the bad glue, sony took for the display.

Hope this can help for some.

I also had the low volume issue, tried everything but nothing helped. 

Just thought about searching again, and you got it! I used an old tooth brush and cleaned the speakers of my z3, looks better now.

PS: Back to my xperia z3 after a z5 getting weak vibration after 1 week of use! waiting for clove.uk inspect and hopefully send me a new one!

Message 363 of 378
Message 363 of 378

I'm not sure I have a problem with notifications, but things like media volume [when I do a search and Google replies] seams really low. Videos, and music also seem quite low as well.
Visitor
Message 364 of 378
Message 364 of 378

How can I increase my xperia z3 incoming & notification sound?
Enthusiast
Message 365 of 378
Message 365 of 378

@Moshiur

I found for me personally I had to download an app and use ringtones and notifications from the app which had a huge difference in sound check out Zedge. I guarantee you will notice a huge difference.
Enthusiast
Message 366 of 378
Message 366 of 378

One question ia it normal for the top speaker to be low volume while listening music? I don't wanna send this phone to a service centre knowing they don't know their job and probably mess my phone this is coming from a personal experience
Adept
Message 367 of 378
Message 367 of 378

Dears
I guess that Sony wouldn't do anything for us. As I don't care about Z3 Ip68, I have removed the protective layers above both speakers using a tiny pin tip, I discovered that the sound coming out from both speakers is very high, nice and hearable.
These protective layers above speakers prevent huge amount of sound to come out from my Z3.
I used some tiny two pieces of waterproof material to use them instead of the original layers in order to prevent any dust to enter my phone.
I did what I did as mentioned above as I don't believe in Sony that IP68 is true. I had water drops entered my phone twice, I left it for some days and phone is back again. One time I left my phone for 13 days and it lit up again.
One time poster
Message 368 of 378
Message 368 of 378

Same problem here, Z3+ Dual. Low volume when playing media and even lower volume ringtone. I think this happened only after last update, 23.4.A.1.264 .  At 70 -80 % volume can't hear anything. I tried all possible settings, nothing works.

One time poster
Message 369 of 378
Message 369 of 378

After update my Z3 D6633 from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1, music, ringtone, notification sound gone down 50%...
One time poster
Message 370 of 378
Message 370 of 378

I found a solution for my Z3 6653. It seems like the thin waterproof layer that covers both speakers is easily clogged with sweat or dust and the solution is to scrap away all the dirt unfortunatelly the layer is very thin and fragile so this Will make you device not waterproof anymore.