account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 351 of 378
Message 351 of 378

Re: Audio volume concerns

I have the low volume speaker problem on my xperia z3.I gave my phone to sony authorised service and my phone is under warranty.The phone was submitted on october 1 2015.And when i checked the status via service center they are telling .it will take 15 days to repair.i got the same reply from toll free sonymobile support India.If any sony support person seeing this post 

Please tell when i will get my phone.now its 10 days the status is still in repair.I will never buy sony again.am planning to

Sell my phone after service and buy a new better android phone.Will i get my phone or i have to wait 2 or three months any Sony person please reply.

Tomacq
Apprentice
Message 352 of 378
Message 352 of 378

same... and i am running version 23.4.A.1.200 pls help, it's really sad. I am starting to think to sell this piece of sh*t

Apprentice
Message 353 of 378
Message 353 of 378

I got the latest update 23.4.A.1.200 today, it says in the release notes:  "Improvements to volume and silent mode control, more control of your alerts." I just installed it and tried to listen to a podcast. In my office it is "ok" at 100% volume, but impossible to hear att 50% volume. So no change for me :/, still use the STH30 headset from Sony. The same problem when I plug in my other headphones such as Apple, Philips, and SBH20 also from Sony.

I tried the difference yesterday between headphone output and bluetooth output, there is a slight advantage when it comes to bluetooth, but still very low. I used the SBH20 for that test.

I have also tried my friends Z3C at work, and we have the same low output.

So please Sony, dont tell me one more time to buy a noise canceling headset or try other lame solutions to a problem that obviously wount solve the "real" problem.

Apprentice
Message 354 of 378
Message 354 of 378

Same issue here. Even .232 firmware doesn't truly fix it.

Commissioner
Message 355 of 378
Message 355 of 378

I have got my phone back from sony service.Now my z3 speaker volume is better than before.I found a setting that really

Increase the volume a bit louder.enable clear audio+ and dynamic normalize .Now iam happy about sony support.

Now i can hear the phone ringing.But the ringtone volume is low compared to media volume(music and videos).

Overall iam satisfied .If anyone facing low volume issue with their xperia z3 spekers,please contact Sony xperia service.

Tomacq
Message 356 of 378
Message 356 of 378

Clear audio + has nothing to do with phone's volume, it only affects media volume, which by itself isn't that bad.
Commissioner
Message 357 of 378
Message 357 of 378

But custom equaliser reduces the volume .Clear Audio + automatically determines the song and adjust the sound quality to best suit the speaker (i.e bass ,treble and mids).Dynamic normaliser automatically levels the song to get a good volume output.I have checked it after the service.And it works.If this setting doesn't give you good volume ,then the speaker has issue.I agree that it has no effect on the ringtones.

Tomacq
Message 358 of 378
Message 358 of 378

Yeah, I agree, it dies help while listening to media files, therefore I've set it up, so that it'll turn on when I unplug my headphones and turns off when I attach my headphones, because clear audio + hurts my ears with headphones, high frequencies are too loud.
Commissioner
Message 359 of 378
Message 359 of 378

I like custom equaliser when i use headphones.Because i can adjust the equaliser and set bass to full .

But phones loudspeakers volume become low when bass is put at max level.I prefer clear audio + when watching movies,

and listening music via phone speakers.If sony put  phone ringing to both speakers,then the low volume ringtone volume will dissappear.Atleast Sony can swap the speaker from bottom to the top speaker for ringtone.The top speaker has good punch comparing the bottom one.For message notification i think top speaker is used.

Tomacq
One time poster
Message 360 of 378
Message 360 of 378

I'm having the same problem low volume playback through loud speaker latest fw, my gf's z3 compact is louder so is my cheap work nokia.

I have never had a phone that is quiet as this on loud speaker playing media. I have it booke din for warranty repair so I'm hoping it can be fixed.