account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 151 of 378
Message 151 of 378

Re: notification volume

Please Sony fix this, or atleast a response would be appreciated, Ignoring is unacceptable!
Talent
Message 152 of 378
Message 152 of 378

Sony, someone has marked this as solved but it is not yet solved.. This is really funny.. I barely hear my phone:
1 notifications volume is poor
2 ring tones are poor for some tones
3 call voice quality is poor, I dont hear the other party in loud voice..
I bought aa phone, how come shall I use it as a phone if above three options do not work well??!!
Do not push us plz to use other brands that we dont like. We chose u, but u r failing / fooling us.
Thx
One time poster
Message 153 of 378
Message 153 of 378

I did a software update from PC last night and ringtones seem to be louder
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 154 of 378
Message 154 of 378

if u use launched firmware version volume level s poor, but if u use updated firmware .77 this fixed it. if not, try to reinstall phone via PCC

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Adviser
Message 155 of 378
Message 155 of 378

yo

yes its fixed my notification volume

but what about the speaker volume

poeple say they cant here me if the phone is like 1M from me

wasent like this in iphone 

and yes the ringtone is poor and ill tell u y!

its only rings from the lower speaker but the real problem is that its only the LEFT side of the audio

whats causes the sound to be harsh and low quality

and if u ask me its a poor design they should first give the user the option to play the ringtone in stero

and if not deliver the ringtone in MONO! all the data from one speaker!!

One time poster
Message 156 of 378
Message 156 of 378

I left BlackBerry for the Z3 and I'm pretty disappointed with this notification sound issue. Plus, music volume is really low when connected to my car through bluetooth. Not impressed.
Enthusiast
Message 157 of 378
Message 157 of 378

sony as you see is a common issue in Z2 and in Z3.
users of Z3 you have to know that in Z2 we're soffering the same issue.
Message 158 of 378
Message 158 of 378

I marked it as solved as the .77 firmware fixed the notification volume for me and countless others.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 159 of 378
Message 159 of 378

Ok, this has been solved now.. I withdraw all previous comments Slightly smiling Face thank u sooo much Sony.. Notification, ring, speaker, call quality are all fixed after I updated my Z3 dual to 23.0.1.F.0.96
I even reduced the volume to almost half due to very loud notifications. Xxxx
Apprentice
Message 160 of 378
Message 160 of 378

ring tone volume

i have a problem with the ring tone its very low when i choose the sound its fine but when selected it only comes out of one speaker so its very dificult to hear ringer anyone else found rthis.