account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Message 91 of 378
Message 91 of 378

Re: notification volume

They did the same now with z2
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Xperia-Z2-4-4-4-issues/td-p/876933/page/3

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 92 of 378
Message 92 of 378

Just posting saying I have the same issue, can hardly tell when I get a text because it's so quiet.  

I'll be somewhere quiet and i'll have the notification sound up so I can hear it --- Then I'll get a phone call and it's super loud Expressionless Face

Apprentice
Message 93 of 378
Message 93 of 378

Same problem here, volumes on full and still too quiet.
Learner
Message 94 of 378
Message 94 of 378

I am writing on France. I contacted Sony support France and I talked about this problem. he told me they had no return but the problem will be reassembled.
I do not know what it means
One time poster
Message 95 of 378
Message 95 of 378

Same problem here, even the vibration  for the notification is one little weak vibration, I can't hear the sound and I can't feel the vibration when is in my pocket, i'm missing several notifications, and still no response from sony. this is really bad. Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 96 of 378
Message 96 of 378

It's impossible to use this phone in this way!!

Message 97 of 378
Message 97 of 378

I've had my z2 since July and this issue has never been acknowledged, let alone fixed. Give up hope guys!
Message 98 of 378
Message 98 of 378

Shatners, I had a z2, z3 is about half the volume of it for notifications

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 99 of 378
Message 99 of 378

Just adding myself to this list. I hate how low the notification volume is. At first I just thought it was a setting I had over looked, after reading all of these comments I am VERY disappointed. This feature should be a basic function. This has been brought up to Sony, since 09/30/14, and still not a single reply from them to the thread...

Also, to address Sony's answer of using both speakers while selecting the tone, but only one while actually being notified, I post this question:
Why would you play the notification louder when selecting it? While I am selecting my notification tone, ALL of my attention is on the phone and the sound that comes out of it. When I actually need my notification tone to play, I am probably NOT paying attention to my phone. More than likely my phone is in my POCKET where the sound will be muffled. So please tell my why the sound is actually LOUDER when selecting the tone vs when the tone goes off. Thinking FaceAngry Face

Adviser
Message 100 of 378
Message 100 of 378

Hello, can I add my voice to thus one. I have missed multiple notifications as a result of this issue. Seems a fundamental usability bug that needs attention from Sony. Who from Sony can help?