account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 71 of 378
Message 71 of 378

Re: notification volume

Sony,

Really I switched from HTC One M7 to the Z3

and I can't even hear my phone no more!

all notifications are absurdly low volume.

Is it like so hard to do like on a HTC and be able to independently adjust ringtone volume, notification volume etc..

jeez the "plop" on whatsapp of a sent message cannot even be heard let alone the sound of an incoming message.

I'm pretty dissapointed that on a +600€ phone Sony doesn't even think about adding a simple volume menu to controll all sounds..

is making this like so hard??? **bleep** only this makes me regret my purchase and I'll surely go back to HTC if they don't sort this out.

HTC hurry up with the M9..

I'm also really astonished about the lack of customer support from Sony, I would have thinked twice if I saw this before.
I have great experience with HTC Customer support, friendly and helpful you can contact them almost 24/7 trough chat and they answer their emails in 24 hours

sound ajustments HTC One like it should be on Z3

Enthusiast
Message 72 of 378
Message 72 of 378

Regardless of the fact that Sony should fix it, I somehow solved this issue by choosing Merope as notification sound which is pretty high.

One time poster
Message 73 of 378
Message 73 of 378

Just sold my Z2 and got the Z3  and I have the same problem with low volume notification sound.I did not had this problem on Z2 and it's kind of stupid that the new model proves to be not better in some situations!

Sony,I'm really a fan from Romania,and I had sonyercsson k750,k800,k850,satio and sony xperia S,Z,Z1,Z2 and now Z3,please fix the notification problem,and you could alse work on incresing the call sound also.

I really hope you care about us as you where the one who told us to DEMAND GREAT !

One time poster
Message 74 of 378
Message 74 of 378

try it

setting>apps>right top(the three dot)reset app preference)

Message 75 of 378
Message 75 of 378

rckk wrote:

try it

setting>apps>right top(the three dot)reset app preference)

nope.
Not working,
Disgusting that still no support staff have commented 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 76 of 378
Message 76 of 378

I just got this reply from Sony:

Dear Johan,

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support.

Notification and call sound is only played through one of the speakers. This is how Sony Xperia Z3 is designed to work and is not considered an error. But we nonetheless want to thank you for your feedback about this and will forward it to the concerned department.

Kind Regards,
Fredrik

Sony Xperia Support, SE.

E-mail: questions.se@support.sonymobile.com
Web: www.sonymobile.com
Phone: +46 13-244500

Very bad design if you ask me, I really hope they will fix it for next update.

Adviser
Message 77 of 378
Message 77 of 378

"This is how Sony Xperia Z3 is designed to work and is not considered an error"

LOL what a stupid answer...

One software update is enough to change it and play trough both speakers..

Really can't wait that the XDA geniuses get the Root working without unlocking the bootloader so that we can enable both speakers

M2k
Regular
Message 78 of 378
Message 78 of 378

the low sound is sure not because only one speaker is used. its simply only the half as in preview mode. i cant use own sound, its so quiet so you will never hear them.

and the next thing is, if i use volume bar from 0 to 60 percent its so quiet like it should be on 10 percent, it begins to be useable at 80 percent, all settings below are much to quiet and phone calls i can only hear at 100 percent. on 10 percent i cant hear any sound???

for the complete volume configuration on z3 is missconfigured. its pretty bad if you have a phone that you will only hear with default sounds and at 100percent. for own sounds i need a hearing aid for this phone. on my old s3 was 50 or 60 percent in volume bar enough and here it begins at 100 percent. this should be fixed fast

One time poster
Message 79 of 378
Message 79 of 378

This is not acceptable Sony, I paid for a premium phone and this what I got, terrible low notification sound even the alarm sound is useless.
Learner
Message 80 of 378
Message 80 of 378

This is really silly, I can't hear when I get a message, needs to be fixed