account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Learner
Message 61 of 378
Message 61 of 378

Re: notification volume

Maybe they don't get their notifications because of the weak sound Nauseated Face

One time poster
Message 62 of 378
Message 62 of 378

This is highly agrevating.  If I can not come up with a good fix, the phone is going back.  i have 7 days left in my "trial" period

Commissioner
Message 63 of 378
Message 63 of 378

actually dont know about that but some times it will fix in that ne wcertified update.  23...........108but i dont know about that

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

M2k
Regular
Message 64 of 378
Message 64 of 378

my alarm apps are all quiet too, i can set there minimal and maximal.....on minimal setting i cant hear any sound and on maximum its very quiet, same like on notifications sound and own notification sound, in preview they sound good, but no more on a notification.. PLEASE FIX THAT!!!!

Visitor
Message 65 of 378
Message 65 of 378

Hi

Slightly smiling Face   Old phone was 100$ with android  and working to change Notification Volume...

Now I haveSony Xperia  Z3 for 700$  and not working that, a trivial function.......

Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  

Enthusiast
Message 66 of 378
Message 66 of 378

I went with some friends of mine in the biggest mall of my city. We are located near the Sony booth and we have demonstrated this annoying bug to anyone approached to ask questions. After the demonstration many people have decided to not buy the phone. We found a lot of guys willing to do the same demonstration in their city. is the perfect "thank you" to your answers!

Inhabitant
Message 67 of 378
Message 67 of 378

i conntacted sony and they said do a sowfwear repair did any one try that ?!!?!?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 68 of 378
Message 68 of 378

I'm having the same problem with notification sound being too low. 
I called Sony support and they said that when you choose a notification or call sound both speakers are used when you listen to the sound, because the media volume is used.

But when you get an actual notification or call only one speaker is used and the reason for this (according to support) is that if you have the option enabled to answer by only holding your phone against your ear you shouldn't have to "go deaf" as you do so.

This explanation is somewhat logical, but it really should be up to the user to choose a lower volume in that case.

He suggested that I try a software repair anyway to see if there's any difference, but I doubt it. The problem seems to be that only one speaker is used by the notification and call sounds, which is definitely something Sony should fix in my opinion. Either by increasing the max volume or using both speakers. I didn't have this problem at all with my previous Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4).

Rookie
Message 69 of 378
Message 69 of 378

Hello ,

+1 , I got the same problem with my Z3 compact ...

I posted a topic in z3C section, but no answer....

Message 70 of 378
Message 70 of 378

This is how I see it - if it was done on purpose (which is the stupidest thing ever because it stays like that even when my motion controls are off) then a Sony representative would have replied here... No reply from Sony = something is wrong. And system restore is the thing that every company tells you to do when they have no idea what to do, it's the last thing there is to do... I'm studying PR and I can tell you that this is a proof that Sony's PR team is awful because if there's no respons from those whose job is to help customers then PR agents must push them so that their brand doesn't look as bad as it does now.