account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 378
Message 11 of 378

Re: notification volume

I too have just bought a Copper Z3 and am having exactly the same issues as the rest of you guys. Upon searching the internet, it appears the Z2 also had the issue, so its not something Sony are going to fix in a rush, if at all. I may have to return the phone.

Adviser
Message 12 of 378
Message 12 of 378

Same problem. Can't hear any of the notifications when the device is in my pocket or 4-5 meters away from me at home.

One time poster
Message 13 of 378
Message 13 of 378

I have two Z3's and the notifications can barely be heard.

A quick search and I find that this a design problem that hasn't been fixed since the Z2, which had a similar problem and the workaround on the Z2 has been removed for the Z3.

Poor show by Sony.

Really happy with rest of phone performance, but they are going to be returned tomorrow.

Learner
Message 14 of 378
Message 14 of 378

Re: Problem: Notification Sounds and Ringtones low

This is already the longest thread in the support forum and yet, none of the moderators from Sony seem to be interested in posting a reply... Someone care to respond???

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 378
Message 15 of 378

To give an answer, moderators must to ask to Sony first! )

This is the most annoying bug of the Z3. It will affects sales of the phone surelly!

M2k
Regular
Message 16 of 378
Message 16 of 378

i think 2 different volume bars for ringtone and messages would be nice, and of course it could be louder

Adviser
Message 17 of 378
Message 17 of 378

What's interesting is that the notifications volume is only ok in the setings when tested, once you hit the home or anywhere else it's ridiculously low. 

M2k
Regular
Message 18 of 378
Message 18 of 378

the next wondering for me is, if i go to sound settings, from 0-60 percent you can nearly hear no sound, its so quiet, fist at 70-100 peercent its going louder, 50percent should be 10 percent....

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 378
Message 19 of 378

How is it possible that no other blog, except XDA, reports this problem?

Every sold unit is afflicted by this defect.

Adviser
Message 20 of 378
Message 20 of 378

How long do we have to wait for someone to react here?
That's obviously a software flaw, but people are getting frustrated and returning their phones!