account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Message 1 of 378
Message 1 of 378

Audio volume concerns

OK my ringtones are fine when a call is incoming but message notifications are pathetic.
The volume is about 40% the preview (I know it's linked to media volume) but even on max the message notification is really weak, there's no x-loud for us to boost the speakers and all other settings do nothing for volume.
Any ideas?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie
Message 123 of 378
Message 123 of 378

Re: notification volume

Hey guys,

I just updated my Xperia Z3 to the latest version (23.0.1.A.5.77) using Sony PC Companion and this has finally fixed my issue with low notification sounds. So it seems they have finally fixed it which is great, it's just too bad it took so long and we didn't get any replies from them.

377 REPLIES 377
Learner
Message 2 of 378
Message 2 of 378

i have same problem, notification sound is very very poor, looking for help or ideas or phone going back to supplier Crying Face

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 378
Message 3 of 378

Problem: Notification Sounds and Ringtones low

Hi, I bought an Xperia Z3 Copper this Tuesday and have noticed that both the incoming call ringtone as well as the messaging tone are abysmally low. I have the volume controls set to maximum in the volumes sub menu. WHen I choose the the ringtone and notification tone, the volumnes are definitely good but when selected, they revert to the low volume state. So much so that I have missed >95% of my incoming messages with the phone right beside me and about half the incoming calls.

Another issue I noticed is that when I slide the volume level selectors to anything below full (even to the first lower step), the output volume drops to 20% of the original at 100% which in itself is not loud enough to hear. At 50% volume control, I can actually not hear anything unless in a quiet cabin with the air conditioning turned off. 

Is this an issue with my handset unit or is it universal? If it's a bug in the volume level selector software, can Sony please provide a patch to solve the issue ASAP?

Otherwise, the speakers work just fine while playing audio, video or game files.

Cheers!

Adviser
Message 4 of 378
Message 4 of 378

Re: Problem: Notification Sounds and Ringtones low

Just to add on to the weight of the problem, there are more people complaining about this issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/help/notification-volume-t2891719

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/notification-volume/m-p/838285#U838285

For myself, I've encounterd similar issues on the Z2 and ended up selling it shortly after. Looking at the Z3 now and disappointed that this issue still exists.

Rookie
Message 5 of 378
Message 5 of 378

Re: Problem: Notification Sounds and Ringtones low

Come on Sony, let's have a response on this. Or better still a fix!!!

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 378
Message 6 of 378

Me too. I'm loosing every notification. Absolutelly inacceptable.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 378
Message 7 of 378

Will you consider a different notification tone?

It seems these tones have higher volume ... eXcitement, eXemplify and luXury.  I'm using luXury, result is an acceptable workaround.

Learner
Message 8 of 378
Message 8 of 378

for a £500 phone, no it wont

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 378
Message 9 of 378

I got my Z3 , having the same problem too
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 378
Message 10 of 378

Sony must read this topic and find a solution!!!!