account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

App power consumption list empty

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

App power consumption list empty

As in the subject:

nothing under "unused apps"

nothing under "consuming apps".

Like never prior 5.0.2

Any help, please?

9 REPLIES 9
Rookie
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: App power consumption list empty

Mine is like this too ever since I got the phone (2 weeks ago). v 23.1.A.0.726

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I wish that empty list was actual but that is not.

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

These 2 lists will report apps that consume power while thay are inactive. These apps are like malware or battery "doctors" and system will report them to you so you get rid of them. Ideally those lists should be empty and not containing any apps.

If you want to know the power consumption of normal apps, tap on Battery Usage in Power Management screen.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Again, as in wrote in other post - do I make myself misunderstood to you?

English is not my mother's language so please, excuse me.

Once again:

there are ALWAYS apps running in the back and draining the battery - you try to tell me, that in 5.0.2 it all has changed?

Interestingly, I always had 3 to 4 apps on both lists.

In other place I could see that Facebook used 31% of my battery, whereas screen only 15% - how is that even possible (it never happened before, as expected).

Knowing that, do you still consider empty list OK?

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Yes, I still think it's Ok. Your power consumption details are in your Battery Usage page, why do you need them showed in another place too? May be I'm wrong, wait till one of the offocial Sony Support team reply to you.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I do not want it anywhere else - but that is "official" place to show that - and it always was.

Prior 5.0.2.
Have even read the description what gets shown out there?

There are many apps working in the back and draining your battery even if you don't use them - honestly, I am surprised that you're surprised.

Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Execuse my surprising action, but seems we understand the description in a different way. I have App power usage data in Battery Usage screen as it always has been there, the other screen you are pointing to -as I understand from reading it's description- is for anomalies.

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Well, you could call it "anomalies" however that is how smartphones operate.

What is your a/m list showing?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Was this issue ever resolved? 

My Xperia Z5 Compact suddenly has severe battery drain and is not lasting 3 hours. Looking in battery settings, it shows no unused or used apps draining power - even with some apps open and running. How is that possible? This must still be a bug