account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android System uses almost 10 GB?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Android System uses almost 10 GB?

It is correct that the android system on a brand new Xperia Z3+ uses 9.42GB of the phones memory
Surely this can't be right because it's only a 32GB phone it's not even one week old and it's telling me that 75% of my memory is full
Please could someone advice me on if and how I can reduce the size of this file

Kind regards

Lexie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Android System on Xperia Z3+

Based on the white paper

www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/e6553/whitepaper_en_e6553_xperia_z3+.pdf

Memory comprises approximately 10.2 GB of firmware, plus 21.9 GB of “Internal storage” for music, pic-tures and movies, and downloaded applications and their data.
3 REPLIES 3
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Based on the white paper

www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/e6553/whitepaper_en_e6553_xperia_z3+.pdf

Memory comprises approximately 10.2 GB of firmware, plus 21.9 GB of “Internal storage” for music, pic-tures and movies, and downloaded applications and their data.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Lexie52,

That is correct. As Phy pointed out this is explained in the phone's white paper together with other specifications for the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Fone memory near full

Xperia z4 memory is near full, have 32gb card virtual empty
How can I throw games etc over.??