account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 7.1.1 is now available

Learner
Message 11 of 34
Message 11 of 34

Re: Android 7.1.1 is now available

The automatic silence problem I encountered after 7.1.1 update is that when I make a call or receive a call the silence mode opens automatically. Screenshot_20170630-094145.png

Message 12 of 34
Message 12 of 34

Its because of notifications...when you receive a call/make a call, it automatically turn on silence mode, because if will etc. notification arrived, it will aware you by a sound and that sound can be annoying in call for you...silence mode turns off when you turn on speaker mode in a call, or if you finish the call...Then, this isnt a problem, its a feature.

And one more new: Telephone app is after update free of lag...scrolling in  telephone app is smoother...

Vsm
Learner
Message 13 of 34
Message 13 of 34

My phone goes to silent mode automatically after approximately 1.5 days (after a restart). It happened after updating to andriod 7.0. I had given my phone to service center and after all struggles they atlast told me to wait for next update. Thats why I am asking the problem was solved or not. Also I am experiencing very bad touch response. Some times I have to touch 5 or 6 times to open a video!!! So I am waiting for the update to check whether its actually a software complaint or my phone complaint.

One time poster
Message 14 of 34
Message 14 of 34

Im not update 7.1.1 Dual E6533 Frimware Rusia Slightly frowning Face

Message 15 of 34
Message 15 of 34

Just wait... It will come... 

Adviser
Message 16 of 34
Message 16 of 34

I updated my phone. I haven't checked everything yet but this is what I got. 5 out of 8 are working. The funny part is, when I receive calls, I feel like I can lose my hearing anytime soon. Very loud! Almost max that I have to push down the volume. LOL.

Screenshot_20170629-201310.png

Message 17 of 34
Message 17 of 34

All cores are working, no 5 only .

Learner
Message 18 of 34
Message 18 of 34

One more question, why Z3+ doesn't have "Assist" option in settings after updating like Z5 family, they are same Soc and same build number. I'm just confused.

Message 19 of 34
Message 19 of 34

I dont know...its interesting 

Highlighted
Message 20 of 34
Message 20 of 34

Performance is really better due to working all cores...and is faster then on 7.0...phone doesnt gets hotter as on 7.0, and it doesnt turn off apps due to overheating...