account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

After 7.1.1 update, Battery Drain, Randomly shutdowns..Can't use my phone now...

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

After 7.1.1 update, Battery Drain, Randomly shutdowns..Can't use my phone now...

Hi all,

First of all sorry for my bad english.

After update to 7.1.1 my phone is useless .

After randomly shutdowns, i can't restart (reboot) phone till plug to battery charger.

If phone shutdown itself then it says my battery is very low and doesnt start when i press to power button.

I attached some pics of battery usage.

There are interruptions on graphs.

Sometimes going down on opening google map during listening music or messaging telegram and opening camera.

I do not even say that the battery is consuming fast.

I am charging 3-4 times a day after 7.1.1 update

Heat is still available

what should i do ? wait fix ? or downgrade officailly ? ( and how ) Slightly smiling Face

thank you.

photo_2017-11-01_15-54-57.jpg

photo_2017-11-01_15-55-10.jpg

photo_2017-11-01_15-55-15.jpg

photo_2017-11-01_15-55-20.jpg

photo_2017-11-01_15-55-23.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
One time poster
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: After 7.1.1 update, Battery Drain, Randomly shutdowns..Can't use my phone now...

I have the same issue!

Reset phone back to factory settings, same issue exists,downloaded the Sony Windows application and reinstalled the OS yet again the same problem of battery drain and random restarts with the back of the phone getting very hot.

Contacted Sony customer support and they want me to send it in for repair, problem is the phone is out of warranty, i wonder how much it would cost compared to buying another phone?

Oxi
One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: After 7.1.1 update, Battery Drain, Randomly shutdowns..Can't use my phone now...

I have same problem with battery. 

Rookie
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

No response from Sony rep? 

I has thought that update to 7 will resolve the battery,  running hot, and auto restart and black screen issues? 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Have exactly the same problem: phone reboots randomly and overheats with Android 7.1.1. With the current OS the Xperia Z3+ is unusable.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have exactly the same problem.

The phone is overheating, and shuting down when the battery is less than 45%.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hello i have the same problems with the battery... 

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Time for sony to do something! I have the same problem too and phone is aboslute crap!